2000 gauges on a 1999 post kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 gauges on a 1999 post kat

Hi,
    Just joined so I'm after what I consider is likely to be an easy question for those in the know
    I have got a 1999 post kat UK spec, the gauges don't have the in dash clock, so I got hold of a set off fleabay which does have, connecting the cluster up all works with the exception of the clock, looking at the wiring diagrams there is an additional permanent live feed to the cluster to power the clock. My 1999 harness doesn't have this feed, now I'm not to shabby at electrics but I can't seem to find anywhere which pins on the cluster relate to the clock, so does someone know which pin feeds the clock, the manual tells me all the other pin layouts and the wiring diagrams, show the additional live feed going to the cluster but not which pin.

I will stop there to stop waffling so if some genius out there either has a diagram or can tell me which pi s to connect up I'd be really grateful

Cheers
    Last edited by Mcsure; 02-15-2014, 03:36 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    [S[/SIGPIC]

it seems to be a bad clock since the cluster plugs in to one plug

Comment

Originally posted by tnoorali View Post
      it seems to be a bad clock since the cluster plugs in to one plug
      Thanks for that however I have to say that whilst the plug that plugs in the cluster is the same the harness on the 1999 model doesn't have the live feed for the clock as the 2000 model does. What I'm trying to work out is which pin on the cluster feeds the clock then I can modify the harness plug to supply the feed, I maybe wrong and the clock is indeed faulty but I'd like to know which pin feeds it so at the very least I can test it to see if it works.

Cheers
      [S[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Mcsure View Post
        Thanks for that however I have to say that whilst the plug that plugs in the cluster is the same the harness on the 1999 model doesn't have the live feed for the clock as the 2000 model does. What I'm trying to work out is which pin on the cluster feeds the clock then I can modify the harness plug to supply the feed, I maybe wrong and the clock is indeed faulty but I'd like to know which pin feeds it so at the very least I can test it to see if it works.

Cheers

Post a pic of the plug. Someone can compare theirs to yours and see which lead is missing.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for that I guess I should have done that before putting the fairings back on.!
          If anyone is remove g their fairings anytime soon and could post a pic of their harness connector to the cluster showing the wires would be great so I can compare ideally on a 2000-2002 model cheers
          [S[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Mcsure View Post
            Thanks for that I guess I should have done that before putting the fairings back on.!
            If anyone is remove g their fairings anytime soon and could post a pic of their harness connector to the cluster showing the wires would be great so I can compare ideally on a 2000-2002 model cheers
            Hi Mcsure. I am trying to fit a newer cluster with a digital clock to my post 1998 GSX 750F and would be happy to know if you managed to get your clock working, and if so, please let me know how. Thank you.

Comment

Have you checked for a coin battery in the clock? I believe it is battery operated. I remember a thead on changing that battery. Ooops that was in an 1100 let me check the diagram, you need a red/yellow wire on pin 2, pin 2 is directly off the fuse box 5amp fuse.

1999 has 12 wires in the plug 2000 has 13 red/yellow being the addition.
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-15-2015, 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank you for trying to help here. I do not have a 5A fuse. only 10 and 15A in my fusebox

Comment

That's because your bike isn't wired for a clock. 2000 and up are.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Ok.. So will it be possible at all? Sorry maybe a stupid question, but I am working in an office, not as an electrician I have the katana service repair manual and if I look at the different wiring diagrams, I only see 10A and 15A fuses?
                    Last edited by claus71; 04-16-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Do all the other components work correctly. I'm thinking the red/yellow wire has to power more than a small clock.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Yes all the other stuff is working. The only thing that isn't is the clock. The guy i bought it from said that it should work to. I can see that in the newer models there is also only 10A and 15A fuses?

Comment

I just did this to my 99. Yes there is a difference in the 99 wire harness. I will check the front harness and you have two spare slots in the fuse box you need to add a circuit wired direct to the battery in one of the spare slots. I believe you are right 92XJUNKER it is the red/yellow wire in the front plug Hich I believe is the second or third pin.
                          Ride like it's your last ride
                          sigpic

Comment

If you could, give him pin and color. Most likely it is an open slot though.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

That would be very helpful I really appreciate your time to help me. How big a fuse should I use?

Comment

Working...
                              X