Bikes back from the shop WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r&r stands for remove and replace or remove and repair

Comment

At this point there's little I can do now I can go talk to them see what's up and that's about it. So I'm out of 1200 bucks I know better now it is what it is.
      WTF IS THE INTERNET
      99 600 Kat

Comment

That's an expensive lesson my friend. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually did what you paid for.

Comment

If they are members of the Better Business Bureau you can file a complaint with them... Although it is important to note the BBB is not a government agency and can't really do anything but give them a "low score" that can hinder people looking for recommendations in the future...

Otherwise you can write negative reviews in every classified/review engine that you can find... Sometimes businesses are more likely to work with you (and give you a refund or partial refund or return on service) to remove negative reviews because they can seriously hurt their business...

I know it is one of the things I look at when I am looking for a repair service for anything (friends word of mouth is #1, then reviews such as google reviews from people about the services rendered).

Comment

take em to Judge Judy
            Ride like it's your last ride
            sigpic

Comment

Id like to know where I can get an oil change for around 20 bucks! Lol shit I pay $56+tax for mobil1 an k&n oil filter doing it myself! Id be questioning what kind of oil n filter id get for that cheap!
              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

U
                Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                Id like to know where I can get an oil change for around 20 bucks! Lol shit I pay $56+tax for mobil1 an k&n oil filter doing it myself! Id be questioning what kind of oil n filter id get for that cheap!
                Ever heard of the Sunday ads? Bosch, k & n, Mobil performance... They offer those randomly for free with purchase of oil all the time. If you are paying 56 for oil and a "high performance filter" you may want to rethink where you are buying oil. Hell I use to buy ams oil full synthetic from a distributor with filter for cheaper than 56....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
                Last edited by numus; 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I think the shop charged what they considered to be correct and appropriate charges. Most places are going to quote you $400 labor for just the carbs + parts putting it easily into the $6-800 range. There have been multiple people recently that have also posted their $700-$900 bills for "carb cleanings" from local shops.

In addition to that you also had the fuel tank cleaned, all the fluids and filters swapped out, the work to do that so labor there as well... so on. I can easily see that adding up to $1200.

Yes, you could have done it yourself heck of a lot cheaper. But then the primary reason for that would be because your not paying someone else to do it.

As for the running issue you think you have... I'm gonna bet it's most likely a simple adjustment for the carbs. My over the net diagnosis would be they did not properly set the a/f screws to 2.5 or so, instead putting them at round 1.5-1.75 (like the PDF here even calls for) and that would mean your bike is running lean. Lean running = overheating and running hot, idle issues, inability to set the idle (too low and when you bump it up it jumps way up).... to name a few.

You may also have a vacuum leak. That is simple to check for.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Numus, if your referring to the $19.99 "value" oil change they offer for "most cars and trucks" well my friend your doing it wrong. There is no way in hell your paying 20 bucks for QUALITY MOTORCYCLE OIL and FILTER...not to mention having it changed for you!
                    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Numus, if your referring to the $19.99 "value" oil change they offer for "most cars and trucks" well my friend your doing it wrong. There is no way in hell your paying 20 bucks for QUALITY MOTORCYCLE OIL and FILTER...not to mention having it changed for you!
                      It is people like you that are the reason the oil companies are making record profits. How about using a shop that doesn't rip you off. My shop does the labor on the oil change for free when you are getting other work done. They just charge you actual cost for the oil and filter as a common courtesy since they actually want to stay in business and get you to use them for all your service needs.

But please continue to pay 56 bucks just for oil and a filter... Probably guaranteed to give your bike 5 more hp right?

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Doing it myself on the 675 I spend around 40-45 an oil change and that includes a new filter, crush ring, and mobil 1 synthetic.

When I changed oil for the Katana I spent about $20 as the filter was $3, couple pennies for the crush washer, and about 12 bucks of castrol oil or so. no need for synthetic in a katana.

But if you want to over pay for your oil and materials then have at it. You could knock a solid $10 off your cost by using a different filter and not paying the name up charge.
                          I am a Penn State fanatic.
                          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                            Doing it myself on the 675 I spend around 40-45 an oil change and that includes a new filter, crush ring, and mobil 1 synthetic.

When I changed oil for the Katana I spent about $20 as the filter was $3, couple pennies for the crush washer, and about 12 bucks of castrol oil or so. no need for synthetic in a katana.

But if you want to over pay for your oil and materials then have at it. You could knock a solid $10 off your cost by using a different filter and not paying the name up charge.
                            Hell you can do Castro full synthetic for around 20 bucks if you buy 5 qts when they have it on sale and even get a name brand performance filter for free if you catch the deal at the right time. Same for all the name brands including Mobil 1. Just check oriley discount and auto zone weekly ads.

Comment

I'm going to have to move to Florida to get some of that less expensive oil. it can't be had for that price around here.

Comment

I think the Rotella I bought for the Gix was more than $20/gal
                                -Steve

sigpic
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X