X

Bikes back from the shop WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    I don't know dude, if I paid $1200 and just got a blow job, I'd be kinda pissed.
    Ok throw in a courtesy reach around?
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

This is my first bike I'm still learning but now I know better. Ima have to make some friends so they can teach me and read up on alot of stuff. Yes 1200 is a lot and no joke they asked for 90% up front so I paid 1000 bucks before they would do anything to it. 90% is a lot I can understand 50% but they said it's because people get the work done and don't pay up right away, bikes sit around for weeks on in and sometimes they never come back.
      WTF IS THE INTERNET
      99 600 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by swiftsmiles View Post
        This is my first bike I'm still learning but now I know better. Ima have to make some friends so they can teach me and read up on alot of stuff. Yes 1200 is a lot and no joke they asked for 90% up front so I paid 1000 bucks before they would do anything to it. 90% is a lot I can understand 50% but they said it's because people get the work done and don't pay up right away, bikes sit around for weeks on in and sometimes they never come back.
        Apparently they also go out and work worse then when they are brought in...

Comment

If a "shop" told me it would $1200 for a carb clean and not even a real sync, I would have promptly told them to go fuck themselves.

Comment

i have NEVER seen or worked in a shop that asked for anything up front for a repair. if your ordering parts yes but that's a courtesy thing, if they didn't come and pick them up the shop isn't out anything. what a good shop will do (and please don't say ALL shops are crap, never go to them, they don't know jack shit. some do) is quote the job, saying you need this this and this, then ask for permission to do the job, then you pay for everything when you pick the bike up. and as i said earlier, it shouldn't have cost any more than a couple hundred for a carb clean and tank clean. MAXIMUM should be 300 if you needed say a petcock or something.

BTW a full engine rebuild is around 1200 bucks
            Last edited by boomer_95; 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM.
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

No, it's not. And a carb clean isn't a $300 dollar job either. It's 1 hour per carb plus parts. Most hourly rates are $85 an hour for anything over 10 years old. So you're looking at $340 in labor alone. I'm with you on any shop asking for money up front, that's a steaming pile of bullshit right there.
              Last edited by arsenic; 01-28-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

fucking iritating athat people like this exist.................

should have been stabbed in the eye with a wrench
                Last edited by mammut89; 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                  should have been stabbed in the eye with a wrench
                  A phillips head screw driver would work better for that.

Comment

Is that a JIB philips head or north american?:bunny2
                    Blackdog
                    DRz-400e plated
                    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

A wrench would hurt more.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                        Is that a JIB philips head or north american?:bunny2
                        I think you mean JIS.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Alright alright, I'm sure the OP feels bad enough guys lol.

If I were you have it looked at by a REPUTABLE shop if you can't an tell them the situation so maybe they can evaluate what work was ACTUALLY done! That way you have grounds to go back an hopefully get $ back...if they don't cooperate go the legal way or do something! I'm sorry id refuse to let this slide...
                          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                            Alright alright, I'm sure the OP feels bad enough guys lol.

If I were you have it looked at by a REPUTABLE shop if you can't an tell them the situation so maybe they can evaluate what work was ACTUALLY done! That way you have grounds to go back an hopefully get $ back...if they don't cooperate go the legal way or do something! I'm sorry id refuse to let this slide...
                            There is no "legal" way... What the shop did was 100% legal... Shady as hell but legal. As long as they didn't give him any guarantee or any claim that they were factory certified (pending they aren't) he paid for services rendered...

Comment

Ok so I'm looking at the paper work again and yea some of the stuff on there isn't right. He put down the bike didn't start and that was 80.00 to look at...Well kinda don't understand that one when I was riding the bike to the shop. pull & clean carbs 474.00 install r&r parts 79.00 I have no clue on what r&r parts are. flush motor oil/ change filter oil 21.95 he also put down " may need new pet cock" so that was never done. spark plug 34.40 carb kit 87.80 tank clean 10.00 tank sealer 24.00 oil 31.80 filter 7.40 fuel 7.50 fuel filter 3.05 manifold o-rings 9.04. To start with the numbers really don't add up and the guy can't spell worth shit. I was told the o-rings came off another bike because he couldn't find new ones and the gas he put in was only 1 gal for 7.50 that's jacked up. And I'm not sure why tax come out to 107.07 so looks like ill be making another trip down to the shop and be like wtf your numbers don't add up. And your right when I take my car to the shop I'm never asked for anything up front so that's just a big red flag ima have to look into that more.
                              WTF IS THE INTERNET
                              99 600 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by swiftsmiles View Post
                                Ok so I'm looking at the paper work again and yea some of the stuff on there isn't right. He put down the bike didn't start and that was 80.00 to look at...Well kinda don't understand that one when I was riding the bike to the shop. pull & clean carbs 474.00 install r&r parts 79.00 I have no clue on what r&r parts are. flush motor oil/ change filter oil 21.95 he also put down " may need new pet cock" so that was never done. spark plug 34.40 carb kit 87.80 tank clean 10.00 tank sealer 24.00 oil 31.80 filter 7.40 fuel 7.50 fuel filter 3.05 manifold o-rings 9.04. To start with the numbers really don't add up and the guy can't spell worth shit. I was told the o-rings came off another bike because he couldn't find new ones and the gas he put in was only 1 gal for 7.50 that's jacked up. And I'm not sure why tax come out to 107.07 so looks like ill be making another trip down to the shop and be like wtf your numbers don't add up. And your right when I take my car to the shop I'm never asked for anything up front so that's just a big red flag ima have to look into that more.
                                Wait.. 474 just in labor for pull and clean + 87.80 for a carb kit?!? You can buy 4 kits for cheaper than that....

what the hell kind of spark plugs did they put in the bike for 35 bucks... I really hope they are made of Adamantium or something...

24 bucks just for oil and 32 for the filter?!? They better have put like full synthetic motorcycle specific AMS OIL along with a filter that is dipped in 24k gold... My shop did an oil change including filter for 30 bucks (that included the labor... Had the bike in for a replacement tire and figured 30 bucks would be just a little over my cost for the oil and filter so why not and not have to deal with it)... Wait.. they charged you 22 bucks for labor for that oil change?!?

Well atleast you now know you got screwed and you can try to reconcile it...

How did you pay? I really hope it was with credit and I would contest the charges...

Comment

Working...
                                X