X

Bikes back from the shop WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikes back from the shop WTF

So I took my bike to the shop back in November to have the carbs cleaned. I got the kit for the carbs and they bench sync the carbs. I go to pick up the bike to day as I'm about to leave the guy said to me do you know how to adjust I said he's like ok and I wen't on my way. Not to long after the bike starts to act funny it's not holding idle when I slow down it just stops running not only that It starts to over heat. I live 15min away for the shop it took me 2 hours to get home it's getting dark and I see my dash lights don't work. WTF they worked when I took it in the shop but not when I get it back I'm so mad right wtf did I pay 1200 for!
    WTF IS THE INTERNET
    99 600 Kat

Sounds frustrating!
    Sounds like it's running lean..real lean.
    The dash lights may be from someone forgetting to plug in a blinker, I had a plug come loose and short on the forks blowing the fuse.
    First thing first, what did you ask them to do? What did you pay for? Secondly, I would be right back in there having them fix/check their work! Is it a large reputable shop or a small shop?
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I asked them to clean the carbs and sync them, oh and I also had my gas tank done there was rust inside. All that ran me 1200 bucks parts and what not. I will be taking the bike back to the shop and they will pay for the tow because I really don't think it's safe to ride It just doesn't feel right at all. I was able to fix the dash lights it was only a fuse so that's not a big deal. I guess the shop I went to is a mom and pop kinda shop not so smart on my end now I know better.
      WTF IS THE INTERNET
      99 600 Kat

Comment

Id be willing to bet they didn't flush your fuel lines and clean your petcock before they put it back together...
        Good luck, be sure to update.
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I thought the 650 was fuel injected
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by swiftsmiles View Post
            So I took my bike to the shop back in November to have the carbs cleaned. I got the kit for the carbs and they bench sync the carbs. I go to pick up the bike to day as I'm about to leave the guy said to me do you know how to adjust I said he's like ok and I wen't on my way. Not to long after the bike starts to act funny it's not holding idle when I slow down it just stops running not only that It starts to over heat. I live 15min away for the shop it took me 2 hours to get home it's getting dark and I see my dash lights don't work. WTF they worked when I took it in the shop but not when I get it back I'm so mad right wtf did I pay 1200 for!
            so you paid a shop 1200 bucks to clean and sync the carbs on a fuel injected bike? you, sir, got screwed over something fierce. unless your bike is one of the older carbureted kats (<2006?) and NOT the FI gsx650F. in which case you only got screwed over a little bit.

please post year and model of your bike, or add it to your signiture, or update your garage..... or all 3
            Last edited by boomer_95; 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM.
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Shops are good for changing tires. Other than that I don't take anything to the shop. Why bother.
              --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
              --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

just for reference, my shop charges an hours labour plus parts for cleaning carbs (includes syncing as well). so $80/hour plus a few bucks for o-rings, needle and seat.... around 100 with tax. considering arsenic recommends the carbs be soaked for a whole 24 hours, an hours labour isn't that bad. I use pro Honda carb cleaner for about half-1 hour depending on how dirty they are, and they come out spotless (not sandblast spotless but still). doing a fuel tank would be on time in our shop, but probably around half-1 hour to clean it. so another 80 bucks for the tank... about 200 +/- with tax for what you just described NOT 1200!! unless they put on a shit ton of parts and didn't tell you
                if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

The 650 is fuel injected. This post may just be in the wrong area
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have a 99 gsxf 600 and it's carb. Now my bike if running somewhat fine just can't seem to get the idle right it's always too low or super high. I took the bike back to the shop he looked it over said nothing was wrong everything was fine but I don't know doesn't seem fine to me. So now I'm going to take the bike to another shop and see what they say

And yes I didn post in the wrong spot...my bad
                    Last edited by ZukiFred; 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    WTF IS THE INTERNET
                    99 600 Kat

Comment

First off, you should consider doing the work yourself. Shops never get it right.

Second, you got royally &^*^ed. $1200 for carb cleaning is not even a rip off...it is theft. Especially considering your first post where you say they "bench sync" your carbs. That is not a sync, it is an estimate to get your idle close enough for the real test.

Originally posted by swiftsmiles
                      as I'm about to leave the guy said to me do you know how to adjust I said he's like ok and I wen't on my way.
                      For $1200 there should never be an adjustment that you need to do yourself.

*Edit: I wanted to add that $1200 is 50% of the value for your entire bike. I would have to have a very powerful attachment to my bike to spend 50% of its value on a single repair.
                      Last edited by Assimve; 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM.
                      Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

You spent $1200 on a piss poor carb job? You could have bought 3 rebuilt sets from me for that price, and they are done a hell of a lot better than any "shop".
                        Last edited by arsenic; 01-28-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

For $1200 there should have been a blow job included.
                          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

!1200!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$????????

Wtf

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                              For $1200 there should have been a blow job included.
                              I don't know dude, if I paid $1200 and just got a blow job, I'd be kinda pissed.

Comment

Working...
                              X