X

Riding during the winter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding during the winter!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHdJfFEJmWk"]GSX - R 1000 K9 Winter - YouTube[/ame]

Dude, get a clapper!

Comment

Where's the part where he passes out from the carbon monoxide build up in his apartment?
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
        Where's the part where he passes out from the carbon monoxide build up in his apartment?
        +1 to that^^^^^
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

That was dumb lol.

Comment

I just man up and mount up. as long as there is no ice and my baby starts its warm enough to ride, even if its only 15 *F out
            94 kat 600 RIP
            97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

yep , if there is no threat of ice im on the scooter . coldest ride here in north georgia so far this year was 26 degrees. note------ heated gloves are the best invention since the square whiskey bottle . which was invented by jack daniels himself so that the bottle wouldnt roll out from under a car/ wagon seat .
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

My heart sang today. It's 10 degrees here in PA. I drove down to a computer shop during lunch and I saw an old school Kat in matte red sitting in the parking lot. I should have taken a picture.
                Extra life.

Comment

madness

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                  yep , if there is no threat of ice im on the scooter . coldest ride here in north georgia so far this year was 26 degrees. note------ heated gloves are the best invention since the square whiskey bottle . which was invented by jack daniels himself so that the bottle wouldnt roll out from under a car/ wagon seat .
                  Heated gloves?!? high tech sorcery I say. I don't even have insulated pants XD
                  94 kat 600 RIP
                  97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

Being NC also helps not really needing heated gloves! Lol I have decent insulated riding gloves that are "wind proof" an "water proof" with with those "shake to warm" packets stuffed inside...still freezing...tried buying glove liners...still freezing hands lol heated gloves are a must in PA winters!

Also, never put too much thought into the square Jack Daniel bottle..makes sense
                    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Does anybody have to change carb jetting for the colder weather?

Comment

Originally posted by rm12403 View Post
                        Does anybody have to change carb jetting for the colder weather?
                        I havent needed to and i ride in the teens. I take it your bike is feeling lean?
                        94 kat 600 RIP
                        97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

You shouldn't have to re jet for seasonal change. Your bike gets to operating temp and should run the same. There's difference in riding different regions and elevation levels etc but no you shouldn't have to rejet for winter. You might have other issues if your having a hard time starting it or if it's running different.
                          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I just got it Sunday. I traded my 06 DRZ 400 for it. It starts right up and seems to idle ok. It sounds good revving the engine in neutral, but doesn't have much power out on the road.

The exhaust and air filter are stock and seem to be in good shape. I put a fresh set of CR9Es in it with the same results.
                            Last edited by rm12403; 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you could try cleaning the carbs, setting the A/F screws to 2.5 turns out then syncing the carbs. that put the pep back into my bike also you only have 80hp stock so dont expect R6 level of power
                              94 kat 600 RIP
                              97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

Working...
                              X