X

Pre Wiring Harness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Wiring Harness

Are pre 600 and 750 wiring harnesses interchangeable? or at least pretty close?

Originally posted by distort2static View Post
    Are pre 600 and 750 wiring harnesses interchangeable? or at least pretty close?
    There are variances between different years of the same CC, much less between different CC bikes. I do not believe anyone whom has had enough wiring harnesses together (part out guys) to know, has compared them or posted that they have anyways.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

93-97 750:

pre 93 750:

pre 98 600:
      The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

I assumed the PO wanted to know if any pre harness could be used between the bikes... The wiring diagrams won't tell you for example that a 93 600 harness and a 97 600 harness do not have the same plugs used on them... which I have run into.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thats true, I didn't think of that. As far as I know from reading on here the only two plug changes are the Igniter and sometimes the alternator. I don't know the year breakdown on either. The alternator is just 2 wires that can be spliced together but the igniter is a bit more of a challenge. In an absolute worst case scenario 90% of the stuff on a Katana has the plugs at the end of 6" of wire instead of having the plug molded into the device (like the igniter) so for the most part anything that doesnt fit with the plugs can be hard wired and soldered in. At that point its probably not worth saving the few bucks on the incorrect harness though.
          The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

Major changes took place in 96, different ignitor (CDI), side stand plug, hand controls. Those are the only issues I ran into during a recent build.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X