X

Bike wont fire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike wont fire

I have a 1990 Katana 750. I just finished rebuilding it and am at the point of starting it. However, Despite having good engine turn over and spark it simoly will not fire. Need suggestions or help in general. Thanks

Spark is one of three things needed for fire. Check the fuel and air, aka the carbs. Have you followed Carbs 101.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

I see you mentioned rebuild was that engine? Do you have compression, maybe a squirt of oil in the bores may bring it back up if it spins over really fast could be a sign of poor compression, also as mentioned worth checking fuel supply

Comment

no i have not as of yet.

it does not turn over real fast. you can hear the pressure release through the exhaust when the exhaust valves open up. the fuel tank may be to low but its not even trying to fire. maybe not getting fuel to cylinders. i am going to try putting more fuel in the tank tomorrow. would a small spray of starting fluid help get things rolling?
        Last edited by fnewcomb; 08-01-2015, 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by fnewcomb View Post
          would a small spray of starting fluid help get things rolling?
          Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by fnewcomb View Post
            no i have not as of yet.

it does not turn over real fast. you can hear the pressure release through the exhaust when the exhaust valves open up. the fuel tank may be to low but its not even trying to fire. maybe not getting fuel to cylinders. i am going to try putting more fuel in the tank tomorrow. would a small spray of starting fluid help get things rolling?
            It's possible if you only puts a one gallon of fuel in the tank that you are not making it above the reserve line try switching the tank to reserve and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X