X

best grips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best grips

i've just bought an 02 katana 600 and was wondering what kind of grips you guys and gals suggest for touring. it's my first "sportbike" and i know they don't make iso grips for it, so i'm in need of something else!

thanks

The OE's and get some good gloves.
    Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
    '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
    '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
    '11 Kawasaki KLR650
    I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

really, that's it?

Comment

I have installed a set of Pro Grips & I love them.I used Renthal grip glue & they turned out great.

Comment

I've used about half a dozen grips, and keep going back to the OEM ones. Like all other rubber products on the bike, they will harden over about 4 or 5 years of time, but replacing them with new ones of the same thing restores them to original softness.

That said, there are two other things you may want to also look into:
          (A) Gel-palmed gloves. There are many brands out there, and some have significantly thicker gel (and spread over a much bigger area) than others.
          (B) Actually setting up your levers to match your particular riding position. A lot of riders I run into don't have their levers set correctly to their hands (in terms of angle compared to where your hands rest flat) & have no clue that they can actually be adjusted. More info on how to do it here: http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php...19&postcount=6

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            (B) Actually setting up your levers to match your particular riding position. A lot of riders I run into don't have their levers set correctly to their hands (in terms of angle compared to where your hands rest flat) & have no clue that they can actually be adjusted. More info on how to do it here: http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php...19&postcount=6

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            HUGE improvement!

Comment

i never hear bad about ProGrips
              New Ride

Sold Kat

Comment

I have the ProGrips 699s and I like them. Just use some hairspray when you intall them.
                96 Katana 600
                97 4 door Blazer LT
                03 Honda Pilot EXL
                sigpic

Comment

Ditto on the Progrips - you should be able to pick them up for about $10.00.

Comment

I bought gel grips off of ebay 3 years ago for like $10. They are comfortable and look good.

Comment

ANY brand grip and just add these

@ $13 shipped

Love mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X