X

2001 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Katana

I'm about to purchase my 1st bike. I have done some research and I'm getting 01 Kat 600. The bike is missing fairing. The owner has all the parts(according to what he says-each fairing is different colour). I'm very new to bike and don't know how difficult to install fairing. How hard is it? I have done some search in this website, but I guess most members are very proficient. Is there manual for it? Is it dangerous to ride without fairing? What tools does it need? Sorry for the all the question, but I would like to know before I buy it.

Thank advance for all your answers.

regards,

Stephen

Removing and replacing your fairing is pretty easy, and shouldn't give you much trouble. I have a bunch of pictures somewhere at home that I took the first time I took mine off. They show what screws go where, what size etc. Took them with the intention of putting a write up on here on how to do it, but never got around to it

I'll see if I can dig them when I get home.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Comment

Thank you. I checked out the bike this evening. Oh boy... he has replaced lots of stuff. It has clear title, but I think he bought the bike pretty banged up. NO frame damage that I can see. Seems no leak, but he has replaced gas tank, speed odometer, ignition etc... Please send me the pictures if you do. Thanks a million. I offered him. I might buy it just for the heck of it. hehehe.

Comment

it is not dangerous to ride without the fairings just so you know.
        the fairings are basically just held on with some special (metric allenhead) screws as well as some pins that fit into rubber grommets.

here is a link where you can download a manual... it should give you an idea.

I love my Kat!!
        2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Mucho Thank you.

I downloaded the manual. Just wait for him to accept my offer. I'll be riding the bike shortly.

Thank you all for the help.

SL

Comment

Working...
          X