X

AFX Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFX Helmets

I was helmet hunting on the net (since mine is due to be replaced this year ) and came across this website. Ive heard of this company before, but never really researched them till now.

All of their helmets are DOT certified, many are DOT/Snell and some are DOT/Snell/ECE certified. The prices are amazing, and given last years motorcyclist helment article, makes me wonder whats wrong with these to be so inexpensive. We all know just because its expensive doesnt necessarily mean that its that much better of a helmet than another manufacturers who are less expensive but still certified.

Most of their helmets are under a 150.00 and many under 100.00. . I was reading their company profile and so far (although I havent finished researching them yet by any means ) they seem to be on the up and up with quality of their helments and price.

My thoughts
    True that cheap helmets can be safe,
    even (especially?) without SNELL rateing.
    However comfort, wind noise and
    visor operation to name a few thing are
    worth thinking about. These "features"
    are not part of the snell, DOT or Motorcylist
    testing..

Comment

yeah I dont yet about the wind noise factor which is definately a big issue even with ear plugs. I wont know about the comfort yet till I'd actually be able to try one on so and see about the visor settings too .

Comment

i bought my girlfriend the pink fx-10 and it is actually pretty nice. she rides occasionaly and when she does she says it is comfortable. the padding inside looks similar to my hjc helmet. i would imagine that sizing is similar also (to hjc)

Comment

Thanks 93kat, I was hoping someone would be able to give an owners review of it. How does feel about the venting on the lid, does it help keep her head fairly cool when you ride; do the vents work well enough to not make your head feel like its in an oven. Any issues with alot of wind noise ?

Comment

the venst are also very similar to my hjc, the bottom seem to just go up towards the shield and the forhead vents are straight holes into the foam, never looked real close though

Comment

These lids are very inexpensive and seem to have good reviews to go along with those that have experience with them. They appear to be high quality, basically just a company looking to make a high quality product but not charge an arm and a leg for it. I like that kinda attitude

Im probably going to pick one of these up and how it goes. For the price, if I dont like it, I'll just sell it on ebay.

Comment

matt, wasn't there a thread around here and talk about this helmet came up? I know i answered a few of your questions about it before, but to sum it all up, Can't beat the Price on it! I still have my old one laying around too! if you got more questions, pm me or post up!

Old ->

New ->
                PAUL
                93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I kinda remembered an old thread about it, but since then their website has been updated and I think their product line has been too so I figured it was a good time to bring it up again and see anyone bought a new one recently.

Im liking these the more I read up on them, and crunchie is liking the price tag too

Comment

Wildkat, if at all possible, find a shop that carries AFX helments and try one on first. I have a ....uuuh ....big head and thought the AFX would work great, since they came in a 5x. Tried one and couldn't get it over my ears. On the other hand, I have an xl hjc cl-14 and I love it. Got it on ebay for 40 bucks with 2 shields. I have a friend that has 2 AFX helments and he loves them. I just couldn't fit one.
                    Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

I wear an XL in most helmets.. Vega, HJC, KBC, etc.. They have a good helmet size chart on the site, but yeah I'd prefer to try one on first. One of the dealers around here carried them before but I dont think they do now..

Ive been looking at a KBC TK-8 and an HJC CL-15 at kneedraggers.com too..

Comment

I bought the AFX X15R a couple years ago and still have it. Dennis Kirk has replacement parts for them. Mine is kind of noisy and the vents are not the best but still very good for the price.
                        Barry

Comment

Working...
                        X