X

2007 Honda CBR1000RR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Honda CBR1000RR

Wow, what a machine. I just had the pleasure of riding my buddies cbr1000 home for him. He just had a bunch of chrome done and needed someone (lucky me) to ride it back for him.

Holy cow, what an experience that was. His bike, which is basically stock except for slip-on, windshield, and chrome, was incredibly smooth and powerful. The response was absolutely amazing and kind of makes me never want to ride a katana ever again.

The suspension was totally different. My bike feels like a trampoline compared to his. The only thing I found that was going to require lots of getting used to was the cornering. I'm sure all SS bikes are like that though.

Anyway this was my first experience riding a true sportbike and I loved every second of it. Can't wait to get my own!

Sorry about the lack of respect for the kat, but its hard to settle for after riding the CBR
    Let's go riding!

lol it was funny when my friend was on his ninja 250 and rode my kat 600. he was in love and wanted a more powerful bike. I love my kat but man do i crave a cbr600rr or gsxr 750. i only wish i could afford it being a fulltime college student

Comment

lets see if your saying that after riding a couple hundred miles on the CBR
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I rode my boyfriends, it's only a 600, but I thought the same thing. Makes the Katana feel like a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
            lets see if your saying that after riding a couple hundred miles on the CBR
            Yeah, I did notice how hard the seat was, but i was having so much fun it was the last thing on my mind
            Let's go riding!

Comment

i have a chance to get a 2005 cbr-1000 with 13,500 miles on it and some tail rash on one side ...its sitting in impound and will be up in 60 days its a long lein 90 days so i will go up to $2200 and i bet i get it . o and comes with a german helmet .... i know 40% if these cbr burn a qt. of oil every 1000 miles .-yes something wrong and alot of guys are mad about it and honda wont take action and blames it on break-in and rider abuse

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                i have a chance to get a 2005 cbr-1000 with 13,500 miles on it and some tail rash on one side ...its sitting in impound and will be up in 60 days its a long lein 90 days so i will go up to $2200 and i bet i get it . o and comes with a german helmet .... i know 40% if these cbr burn a qt. of oil every 1000 miles .-yes something wrong and alot of guys are mad about it and honda wont take action and blames it on break-in and rider abuse
                I've heard about the oil issue. Evidently it's pretty damn common.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have rode an 06 with a slip-on myself...WOW what a bike!!!!
                  99 Katana 600-Sold
                  2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600-my new baby

Comment

nice info.

Comment

Everyone should get a chance to ride a modern liter bike once in their life. It kind of changes your perspective of what "fast" is.

The only thing better is getting to do it on the track. You know it's something special at 140 mph with the front tire skipping along the pavement, and you still have 3 gears left

Don't let it ruin your kat though. You probably paid 1/3 the price of a new CBR1000RR, and they're still a very nice bike. Sure it doesn't have 155 hp or weight 400 lbs, but on the street it doesn't really matter.

My '06 zx10 has probably racked up less than 1000 miles this summer. My '89 Honda Pacific coast? at least 5000, and it's only july. I'll give up HP for a little comfort on the street anyday.

Comment

rode my buddies 1000RR Repsoil edition.....super fast, hugs the road, very mean bike!
                        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Its all relative if you ask me. A 370z is a great car but compare that to a GTR...a CBR 1000RR is a great bike but compare that to a Ducati 1098...I guess its just the nature of the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by mcornelius View Post
                            a CBR 1000RR is a great bike but compare that to a Ducati 1098
                            CBR > Ducati. Not much of a comparison there...
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              CBR > Ducati. Not much of a comparison there...
                              +1
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X