X

Help with customizing Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with customizing Katana

I am not sure what the proper term is, but I was wondering if anyone has had their rear extended on their Kat? I guess there are extensions that push your rear tire back to give it a streched look. If anyone knows how to go about having it done and about how much it cost I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks for your time.

That would involve altering the swing arm and welding on an extension. There's some pics floating around the in the Pics n Flick forum here on KR of some stretched kats.

Whats the reason you're looking to do it, just out of curiousity. Having the swing arm changed in that fashion will decrease your cornering ability by alot.

This is a 91 Kat, set up as a drag bike...probably alittle longer than you'd want to go but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

Comment

actually there are bolt-on extensions that require no welding at all. they are goof for about 3 inches of stretch.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Don't stretch the bike at all until you ride one with a modified swingarm. I think they look cool as hell, but they handle like crap. IMO, a stretched sportbike handles worse than a chopper - and I hate choppers, although they look cool too. Do yourself a favor and test ride a stretched bike before you consider doing the modifying yours. I suspect you will not like the way the bike handles. Save your $$$ for cool graphics or something else...
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I was just thinking about doing it more for the looks, but I do not want to lose anything in the handling and performance department. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
          X