X

Do you let friends ride your Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you let friends ride your Kat?

Hey all. I'm curious, do you guys and gals let your friends ride your bike if they ask? If a friend asks to ride my bike and they have a license I'll say yes 9 out of 10 times. Most of my friends are the same way. My friend who just got an '06 Gixxer 750 practically made me ride his bike. He was really excited about getting it and we went for a ride together. We stopped to get a bite to eat and he was like "you gotta ride my bike back". I was hesitant because the bike had about 150 miles on it, but he was like "c'mon, you gotta ride it". I reluctantly agreed

How do you guys feel about letting others ride your bike? Are you OK with it as long as they have a licence, yada yada yada... Do you never let others ride your bike because it's your "baby"? Just wondering. I've let friends ride every bike I've ever owned. How do you feel about it?
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

I'd let someone ride as long as I knew they were experienced riders, and not someone who would have the bike leap out from under their a$$. Otherwise it's a strict no no.

This is my baby and no one ill-treats it
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

well had a buddy ride my YZF600R erm about 1 block away after telling him don't use the throttle i heared the bike ROAR then i heared that sweet sound of it sliding across the road

pissed the shit out of me..

i don't mind allowing people to ride but i won't let a beginer ride and i want to see them ride there own bike first..
      Woody
      http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
      http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

Same here .. I will gladly lend my bike to a friend that I know is responsable enough to know that's it's not their own and act accordingly
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

no

Comment

I let a friend of mine ride my bike once. He left the freakin parking lights on and drained my battery. A$s.
            TiM

Comment

Not yet. Not ever.
              I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

Range always wants to ride the Vulcan.

I told him to have Badbilly win one if he really wants to ride one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Sky_
                  Same here .. I will gladly lend my bike to a friend that I know is responsable enough to know that's it's not their own and act accordingly
                  Can I ride your bike???

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                    Range always wants to ride the Vulcan.

I told him to have Badbilly win one if he really wants to ride one.
                    He only wants to ride on the back, Jooyna, comon!

Comment

Usuaully I require they have a full MC license, and insurance coverage for the whole thing. After that, I'm cool about it -- for a while (testing type ride, not "hey, here's the bike, I'll see you tomorrow"). So far that has been close to zero...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hey lou can I ride your bike please :lol

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          Originally posted by _Sky_
                          Can I ride your bike???

If I can ride yours
                          Guylaine
                          Try and keep up now

Comment

I dont let people ride my bike because I dont ask to ride theirs. If you dont ask they cant ask, well they can but you can say no.
                            Project Katana

1998 Katana 600

Comment

Trusted friends that I have riden with ONLY. No one else qualifies.
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X