X

FRAME SLIDERS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAME SLIDERS

as some of you might know i got a pair of those aluminum frame slider brackets for my 05 kat. i put them on and added a set of chrome sliders (some other stuff too , photos are on the way).
    so now here is the question i was thinking about...
    should i have gotten a pair of plastic sliders? would'nt the plastic ones do what they were intended for better? if the chrome ones do ever make contact with the road, i'm not sure they give a whole hell of a lot. but the plastic ones will grind down, taking away some of the fall.
    now i know the brackets are aluminum, and they should break before any real, real, real bad damage happends to the frame. but do you think the plastics would be better. not to mention those brackets were like $45 or $75, i cant remember wich-but pricey!
    i was just wondering what your oppinions were....
    << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
    KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

ok. supposedly metal sliders tend to grab and flip the bike over, more easily. also...... for a straight down hard impact on the slider... it will be pushing against the frame in a way it wasnt designed.... and ive got a mangled frame because of sliders (though mine were drilled). i like the look of sliders, and the slow parking lot drop functionality of them.... but be careful.

Comment

yeah thats my dilema, I was gonna buy the chrome sliders but now I'm rethinking. Can you post pics of your braket w/ slider, wanna check out the look
      Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

ILL TRY TO POST SOME PICTS OF ALL THE NEW STUFF I DID. BUT ITLL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I GET HOME PROBABLY IN A WEEK OR SO. SO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED
        ALSO I ONLY HAVE PICTS OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT WITH THOSE BRACKETS, THE ONES I TOOK DURING THE INSTALL GOT DELETED!

Comment

Please take your CAPS lock of dude. But to answer your question, I always thought that the plastic or Acryllic ones would look a lot less mangled after a spill. But then again, I don't really have a clue.

Comment

thanks to all for your input. but about the caps lock thing-when i remember, i'll take it off. but all you guys have to stop breaking my balls about it. we sound like a bunch of BITCHES. now i know there are probably a few computer geeks on here that take caps like people are really yelling at them. but give me dam break! THIS CAPS LOCK THING IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN LITTLE WORLDS! i'm sick of putting forth an effort on here and still getting a load of shit. if i wanna express myself in caps ALL the time-then DEAL WITH IT, this is still a free country..
            and if all you geek squad fags still have a beef, come see me in ONEONTA ny!!

Comment

lower....upper........doesn't matter to me. i can actually read faster when it's all capitalized. the only thing i prefer in a post is punctuation. cause reading 5 sentences strung together in one sentence can cause headaches and comprehension problems thats why i go to the store to buy sandwiches i go to the victoria secret dressing room and try on womens underwear while eating salami sandwiches making howling noises i like cheese
              What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
                lower....upper........doesn't matter to me. i can actually read faster when it's all capitalized. the only thing i prefer in a post is punctuation. cause reading 5 sentences strung together in one sentence can cause headaches and comprehension problems thats why i go to the store to buy sandwiches i go to the victoria secret dressing room and try on womens underwear while eating salami sandwiches making howling noises i like cheese
                that's funny!
                i tried on a male g string once-once. it looked like one of those hang'n cheeses in a deli ! i could only imagine how womens underwear would feel; it's not surprising that you make howling noises!
                ok, ok, enough joking like that. it's starting to sound like a scene from broke back mountain..

Comment

Originally posted by KAOS
                  thanks to all for your input. but about the caps lock thing-when i remember, i'll take it off. but all you guys have to stop breaking my balls about it. we sound like a bunch of BITCHES. now i know there are probably a few computer geeks on here that take caps like people are really yelling at them. but give me dam break! THIS CAPS LOCK THING IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN LITTLE WORLDS! i'm sick of putting forth an effort on here and still getting a load of shiate. if i wanna express myself in caps ALL the time-then DEAL WITH IT, this is still a free country..
                  Wow...my own little world...that was deep dude...I don't think its a big deal but it really does seem to be getting to you. Do you understand give and take? No? Yeah doesn't sound like it...You want us to deal with your lazyness...then you need to deal with Joe Geek Squad saying something about it. That whole "Free Country" thing swings both ways there slug-o. I am glad your putting forth the "effort" to push the Caps Lock Button (good show)... Crackshot just asked you to take the CAPS off...he wasn't busting your balls...from the sound of it this is not the first time someone asked you to do it...damn dude its just letters. Come see you in Oneonta, NY...okay tough guy, you going to kick my ass? Letters.

-Geek Squad F@g.
                  1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                  2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                  Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

guys forget the CAPS ans show the PICS!!!
                    Kata-pult

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                      thanks to all for your input. but about the caps lock thing-when i remember, i'll take it off. but all you guys have to stop breaking my balls about it. we sound like a bunch of BITCHES. now i know there are probably a few computer geeks on here that take caps like people are really yelling at them. but give me dam break! THIS CAPS LOCK THING IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN LITTLE WORLDS! i'm sick of putting forth an effort on here and still getting a load of shiate. if i wanna express myself in caps ALL the time-then DEAL WITH IT, this is still a free country..
                      Wow...my own little world...that was deep dude...I don't think its a big deal but it really does seem to be getting to you. Do you understand give and take? No? Yeah doesn't sound like it...You want us to deal with your lazyness...then you need to deal with Joe Geek Squad saying something about it. That whole "Free Country" thing swings both ways there slug-o. I am glad your putting forth the "effort" to push the Caps Lock Button (good show)... Crackshot just asked you to take the CAPS off...he wasn't busting your balls...from the sound of it this is not the first time someone asked you to do it...damn dude its just letters. Come see you in Oneonta, NY...okay tough guy, you going to kick my ass? Letters.

-Geek Squad F@g.
                      i understand give and take just fine.i like to type in caps, i think it looks neater. and this is the only site where i have to take it off or else somebody has a hissy fit. and i do try to take it off, its just every now and then i forget to. i posted an intro titled "IM RICK JAMES B*TCH". check that out, it did'nt take long to set it off. but since then, ive been taking off the caps. but you mess up one time and look what happends. somebody has something to say in every dam post. its either "im not gonna answer you because you typed in caps" or "stop yelling and ill answer you". give me a f*uk'n break. and your right , it would be just letters, but hearing it all the time gets on my nerves. i would'nt stand for my real friends nagging me this way, im really not gonna take from you guys. and to now answer the last question. if you need a good ass kick'n, i'd like to be the one to give it to you.

Comment

yo bud, you gotz to CHILL! Seeing as to the fact that you seem to have some issues w/ anger management, I'm not surprised to see you have issues w/ RESPECT. Everyones has their opinions and views, give and take, but don't be disrespecting, especially to those who've earned ALOT of respect here on this forum ex. BearKat. It's peeps like him that make this forum what it is w/ sharing of knowledge and RESPECT. Take a lesson and a deep breathe!

Let's all move on w/ this! I didn't want to get involved, just don't like to see you get personal w/ people I respect.
                        Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Netiquette:
                          Netiquette (neologism, a portmanteau formed from "Internet etiquette") is a catch-all term for the conventions of politeness recognised on Usenet, in mailing lists, and on other electronic forums such as internet message boards.

That said, post however you like. Capitalization and whitespace makes it easier to read, especially a lengthy post. Chances are if you make a long post with no white space, all in caps, people will read the first few lines then give up and move on. I usually do.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

IF HE KEEPS HEARN IT ALL THE TIME SAYS IT GET'S ON HI'S NERVES AND KEEPS DOIN IT HE MUST NOT CARE WHAT IMPRESSION HE MAKES ON HIS READERS OR WHETHER THEY WANT TO READ HES JUST TALKIN TO HIMSELF NO REASON ANYONE ELSE NEED'S TO LISTEN OR ANSER OR RESPECT HES HAPPY JUST TO BE TYPIN I KNEW A CHICK LIKE THAT ONE TIME SHE JUST LIKED TO CHATTER DIDNT MATTER WHO WAS LISNIN SO LIKE IF THIS DUDE DOSNT CARE ABOUT CREDIBILITY WITH HIS AUDIENCE JUST LET HIM BABBLE NO NEED TO ANSER HIS QS BCAS WHY WOULD HE WANT AN ANSER FROM SOMEONE HE DOESNT RESPECT ENUF TO ASK POLITELY EVEN IF HE SEZ HES PUTTIN FORTH AN EFFORT ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????? BTWDUDE I THINK ALUM FRAME SLIDERS LOOK KEWL KEEP EM EVEN IF THEY DIG INTO ASFALT AND BEND THE FRAME TO

Comment

KAOS, chill out!

If more than a few people voice the same concern, then either they're all a-holes or there might be an actual problem.

It's the latter and it's not personal.

I'm an art director and I work in both print and web and there is a reason why all caps is something that we try to avoid in reading copy. It has nothing to do with personal taste, just increased readability for the majority of people that we're trying to communicate with. Just like no type below 12 point if you're designing for senior citizens, there are rules that make the content easier to understand.

Studies show that people read by recognizing "entire words" at once, not organizing the individual letters into words. (A long time ago someone posted a funny thread proving that). So this means people read by identifying the SHAPE of the word. Fast readers use this technique. News readers use this constantly by reading at least three to four words ahead in the line that they're reading. To help the reader, designers use techniques to alter the appearance of the typed word, trying to make the shape of the word easier to recognize. Any designer will tell you: No all caps in body text over a 6 lines. No all caps in designer or decorative fonts. If you take a look at a magazine or newspaper article and squint your eyes, the printed page turns into a mass of horizontal lines. Designers do this to "check the coloring of the copy" - looking for breaks and abnormalities. It becomes unreadable but we're just looking at the overall feel of the text. But when you use all caps it's like squinting. There is nothing to break the page. It becomes a blur of text that a person has to struggle to read. And reading fast is next to impossible.

Because of the way the Web operates, typing in a forum has no proceedures in place to adjust the way text flows. That is all set within the program.

To make the use of all caps work in reading copy the tricks and rules we use can't be applied to the internet very well:

1) Adjusting the leading or "space between one line to the next". To increase readability all caps need to have much more space between the lines,

2) Adjusting letterspacing. That's all fixed at a specific measurment.

3) X-Height. The actual height of the lower case letters. We read quickly because of our mental adjustment to the height of those lower case letters. Without the x-height (like all caps) it is difficult to identify the word coming next. There is no way on the Web (or in print) to compensate for that.

To most people that read a forum (or anything on the Web), it needs to be a quick and concise experience. If it becomes a struggle they lose focus and it becomes a chore, thus ruining the experience. Caps are used for punctuation and emphasis. If I see a short, all cap response, I figure it's A VERY IMPORTANT POINT being stated. When the entire post is all caps, it's hard to make it through. It's no different from typing everything in bold or italics. Emphasis to get a point across, not important running copy to be read.

Because in communication you have to have some device reserved for GETTING YOUR POINT ACROSS.

You have to admit it works. In the quoted post your all cap statement is the first thing my eye gravitated to. In all caps, I might would have stopped reading by the second line.

Just a little perspective on why people get upset about it.

Plus, I got Bearkat's back and I can afford a flight out right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X