Hello everyone.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone.

UPDATE
    motor has been identified as a 750CC from a katana same year.

Been coming to KatRiders for a few months now , just got my first katana its a 93 600 with a 750 motor. Hope to get to know everyone in the future...

Bike has a few cosmetic mods a new red paint job and a slip on a jet kit and is basically stock as far as i know and thats it!

Future Mods:
    Looking to do the dual headlight conversion, rear seat cowl, and maybe talk one of your fine members into doing a widened swinger i keep reading about =) , polish the stock wheels, paint the lower bottom fairing silver, paint forks silver, swing arm silver etc...

anyways not really sure what else to say... hope ya guys like my katana! i sure do!

BLACK Katana not mine

Last edited by GanjaGreg; 05-16-2014, 09:19 AM.

Looks good, so does your friend's bike. I know Krey has done the swing arms in the past, no idea if he still is - might want to send him a PM.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to kr

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          Looks good, so does your friend's bike. I know Krey has done the swing arms in the past, no idea if he still is - might want to send him a PM.
          Thanks man, Yeah ive been reading about Krey's Swing arm mod not sure i could afford it yet im actually considering the 4.5" Post kat rear wheel with a 160/70/17 rear tire, and possibly a 120 front tire,

Anyone have any opinions on these tires? the reviews from the people who have bought them seem mostly positive...

seems like those continental motion tire combo + an ebayed 80 dollar post kat rear wheel , @ less then 300 bucks total seems like an awesome deal to me! but i dont want to buy shit tires never heard much about continental moto tires.... always ran dunlops on my dirtbikes and r ight now im running stock tire sizes on the kat with dunlops

Originally posted by Slammer46 View Post
          Welcome to kr
          Thanks!

Originally posted by JIB View Post
          Welcome to KR
          Thank You
          Last edited by GanjaGreg; 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome! Nice clean looking bike, enjoy!
            Chris

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
            Ralph W. Sockman

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome, they are a pretty good tire that has been around a while. what headlight have you choosen?
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by katinvermont View Post
                    Welcome! Nice clean looking bike, enjoy!
                    Thanks i love it so far!

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                    Welcome!

Thanks glad i found the KR forums lots of good info here.

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    Welcome, they are a pretty good tire that has been around a while. what headlight have you choosen?
                    Hey thanks i think all run those tires when i convert the rear rim soon. As for the headlight im going to try to go with the wagner one but it seems they have a disclaimer on there website saying something about losing molds for alot of the stuff or something to that nature and not sure if i want to do the home made method...

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                    Welcome to KR!
                    thanks!
                    Last edited by GanjaGreg; 05-08-2014, 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

fzr lights look simular and are available on ebay
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        fzr lights look simular and are available on ebay
                        very awesome this is why i joined never would of thought of that lol. how hard is the conversion?

Comment

can't say on those. I would have to have them with the bike and knock the noodle around some to figure away. it doesn't look too complicated. my next one to mod in to a Kat is from a ninja.
                          Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-08-2014, 10:00 PM.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

never would of thought to use a headlight from another bike just assumed it wouldnt fit into the hole in the fairing for the stock headlight. and i dont want to cut the fairings.

Comment

some ninja headlights are similar, I''ll be using a ninja 650 light. careful measurements will make cutting the fairings a no brainer, need to make a template for the fairing cuts, cut slightly less than you need and work to proper size.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X