No announcement yet.
X

Hello everyone.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I have a 93 katana i wrecked it about a year ago and it is hard to find fairings for it but I will have it back on the road again.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      some ninja headlights are similar, I''ll be using a ninja 650 light. careful measurements will make cutting the fairings a no brainer, need to make a template for the fairing cuts, cut slightly less than you need and work to proper size.
      what should i use if i do decide to cut the fairings? dremel?

Comment

Yes, measure, measure, measure. If you miss cut it can be repaired. The FZR light looks like you will need a filler between the lamps. If you PM me your address I'll send a kit to make that and or rapair the fairings.

Or airtech sells a race headlight blank that should work. That would be the route I would take.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-09-2014, 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yes, measure, measure, measure. If you miss cut it can be repaired. The FZR light looks like you will need a filler between the lamps. If you PM me your address I'll send a kit to make that and or rapair the fairings.

Or airtech sells a race headlight blank that should work. That would be the route I would take.
          Ok im gonna do it man gonna start collecting all the stuff, All take your advice and go with the airtech stuff. How is there cowl?

Comment

meh..... either one you get, some adjustments will have to be made, it's all part of the fun. don't buy the fairings, too small.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR! A good looking bike and your friend bike too...

Comment

Originally posted by Javy23 View Post
                Welcome to KR! A good looking bike and your friend bike too...
                Thanks! we love them got them at the same time!

Comment

meh..... either one you get, some adjustments will have to be made, it's all part of the fun. don't buy the fairings, too small.
                  Thanks alot man you have been alot of help! im looking forward to modding the bike alittle overtime since im a dad and got another one on the way
                  i assume im going to be slightly broke lol but that is the reason i bought this bike
                  alot of the stuff is custom made and really fun to get creative with. Tons of stuff can be bought off ebay for dirt cheap i love it.

Forgot to mention the bike also has an electric fan that pumps air out and away from the engine area. It runs on a sensor, only problem is sometimes it runs for 15-20 mins after the bike is off. Freaks me out alittle sometimes like im gonna get stranded somewhere with a dead battery but never had any problmes!

Hit 150 MPH today on a very secluded back stretch of mojave desert pavement with no connecting intersections for several miles and being slightly newer road i scouted out this area to test other bikes in the past. I sat up and completely backed off the throttle once i looked down and saw 150 but i was really surprised by that... speedo probably off eh? lol

Comment

I know my stock 06 600 has a top speed of ~130 so yeah probably speedometer error. Especially if the gearing isn't stock.

That fan you're hearing - it's CA emissions crap. It doesn't cool the engine (well, not intentionally anyways), it cools the carbs so fuel won't evaporate out of them. Which is retarded because give it 3 days on its own and it'll have evaporated out anyways....

You can simply unplug the fan if you don't like it/worry about your battery. Trace the wires back about 8" and you'll see the connection. I'd recommend just completely unbolting and removing the fan if you're going to go that route.

The rest of the CA emissions stuff can easily be removed too if you're so inclined. Haven't done it myself yet but it's on the to do list.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                      I know my stock 06 600 has a top speed of ~130 so yeah probably speedometer error. Especially if the gearing isn't stock.

That fan you're hearing - it's CA emissions crap. It doesn't cool the engine (well, not intentionally anyways), it cools the carbs so fuel won't evaporate out of them. Which is retarded because give it 3 days on its own and it'll have evaporated out anyways....

You can simply unplug the fan if you don't like it/worry about your battery. Trace the wires back about 8" and you'll see the connection. I'd recommend just completely unbolting and removing the fan if you're going to go that route.

The rest of the CA emissions stuff can easily be removed too if you're so inclined. Haven't done it myself yet but it's on the to do list.
                      Hey thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X