X

twin shock bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin shock bike?

what happen to the twin shock design? the mono shock came in and wiped out the classic twin shock look....

what are the pros and cons of twin shock vs mono shock?

Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

The two main advantages of a mono shock that i can think of are:

1.) it allows you to use all kinds of different linkages that can change the characteristic of the bike.
    2.) cost. Not only do you have one less shock, but using different linkages allows you to get better performance out of a crappier (cheaper)shock.

There's probably others that i'm missing, but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head. The only advantage I could think of for twin shocks is that it allows for a lower seat height, and some would argue it looks better (subjective)

Comment

Mono-shocks eliminate torque to the swingarm and provide more consistent handling and braking. They are also easier to adjust, since there's only one shock to adjust, and there is no worry about matching two shocks. Also, the linkages used to connect the shock to the swing-arm are frequently designed to give a rising rate of damping for the rear.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks steves!
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
        X