X

Info for your Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for your Kat

I don't know if this is common knowledge but it was just posted on the GS Resources site:
    If you just call Suzuki North America HQ at 1-714-572-1490 you can get photo copied manuals to ALMOST..but not ALL.. bikes suzuki has ever built. You can also get paint codes, any information about YOUR INDIVIDUAL BIKE such as when it left the factory, original country code it was manyfactured for ..almost anything you can think to ask. Simply have your VIN for them to reference and ask away
    I'm going to give it a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Spyug

Originally posted by spyug View Post
    I don't know if this is common knowledge but it was just posted on the GS Resources site:

I'm going to give it a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Spyug
    Please post and let us know how it went.

Comment

PDF copies of the Service manuals for the pre 1998 and post 1998 models are available, in the Katana Wiki link. Search Service manual.

1998-02 OWNERS manual is also available in the WIKI.

you can also discover your paint code on the colorrite paint website.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Well so far that number is a bust. It is Suzuki's US customer service line but it now seems to be automated and I was not successful in getting a live body.

I took a crack at the Suzuki Canada website but there is no posted telephone number only an e-mail contact address so I fired off a query. I'll let you know what transpires.

Cheers,
        Spyug

Comment

Ill have to give that number a call, that is good info, dont beleive that it is common knowledge (at least I didnt know about it). I know that there have been several threads right here on Katriders with links to the .pdf file, but an actual legit factory manual would be cool.

Comment

Well I did get a live body when I tried again but I was a bit surprised ( I really shouldn't be) to end up talking to someone in India. anyway bottom line was that he couldn't help as my Vin number is incomplete.

It was actually a funny conversation as he referred me to this site: http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzu...ki_models.html

As, "they have more complete information".......and its not even an authorized Suzuki site. Weird world we're living in.

Cheers,
            Spyug

Comment

Did you give the vin number off of the MTO papers (ownership) or off of the frame?

I am asking because when I went to get my Kat registered with MTO. The serial number was not complete on the ownership. It was just the first 6 or 7 digits. I brought it to their attention and ended up having to to go a Suzuki dealer and get a letter from them stating the correct number- 50 bucks for that damn letter. But no cops can give a headache now if I get pulled over.

The thing is it went trough two local dealers and two other owners before I caught it.

Comment

Working...
              X