X

Airbox rubbers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox rubbers.

So like most old Zuks the airbox rubbers have hardened. As I want to run the stock airbox I need to soften them up or better, replace them. I'm guessing they'd be hard to find so I'm wondering if anyone has a source for them or any method of softening them up?

I appreciate any help.

Cheers,
    spyug.

I think I might have answered my own question. I checked Bike Bandit and they show them at around $9 a pop. I'm now wondering if Suzuki themselves still have them in the parts bin.

I'll let you know what I find out.

cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

IF you are getting alot parts, go bike bandit to get them. I found the Canadian Dealers here in Ottawa to be more pricey then Bike Bandit.

Andre

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. Dealers do tend to be pricey on a lot of little stuff. I just picked up floatbowl gaskets at $4 a piece. Good markup on 1 cents worth of paper. Even standard things like nuts and bolts can run pricey. I was checking out cap screws to replace all the screws on the carbs. Dealer wanted 35 cents each. I bought 100 from Fastnall for $14. More than I'll ever need maybe but I could do the carbs on my GS and a spare set I have as well.

I likely will order the stuff from BB. How do you find them for reliability / delivery? A lot of the fellas on the GSR don't think very much of them. Some mixed up orders and slow delivery it seems.

I appreciate your input.

Cheers,
        spyug

Comment

BB is good. I've used MRCycles with good results too.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I have only order once from them and had no issues. Items were slow to come but remember they have to get the parts and our bikes are older. So, to me this is fine. Did screw up my order and sent to many 'rubber mounts' for the frame but oh well.

I will be using them again as my parts stock pile grows.

Comment

Any luck with the rubbers?

Comment

Originally posted by 1982SZ View Post
                Any luck with the rubbers?
                Nah, had one break on me. Lesson learned, always get the best rubbers you can buy, and make sure they fit your equipment properly. It can be messy and expensive if one fails....
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Amen!!!
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    Nah, had one break on me. Lesson learned, always get the best rubbers you can buy, and make sure they fit your equipment properly. It can be messy and expensive if one fails....

Child support?!

Comment

I haven't got around to getting the rubbers yet as life and the season has seemed to bring the project to a halt. Haven't done anything other than get a kerosene heater for the garage and rounded up and installed exhaust studs.

I did check with my local dealer and Zuk Canada still shows them available at $19 a piece. Double what BB is showing but I guess when you factor in shipping, handling and border duties and such its the same or maybe even a tad cheaper.

Maybe Santa will leave me some cash or a gift card for the Zuk store (do they have those?)

I was hoping to get her to fire sooner rather than later so I'm hoping I can squeeze in some time during the Xmas break. We'll see.

Cheers all,
                      Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                        I haven't got around to getting the rubbers yet as life and the season has seemed to bring the project to a halt. Haven't done anything other than get a kerosene heater for the garage and rounded up and installed exhaust studs.

I did check with my local dealer and Zuk Canada still shows them available at $19 a piece. Double what BB is showing but I guess when you factor in shipping, handling and border duties and such its the same or maybe even a tad cheaper.

Maybe Santa will leave me some cash or a gift card for the Zuk store (do they have those?)

I was hoping to get her to fire sooner rather than later so I'm hoping I can squeeze in some time during the Xmas break. We'll see.

Cheers all,
                        Spyug

Who is Zuk?

Comment

Zuk= Su Zuk i . Zuk Canada= Suzuki Canada. Sorry, I thought everyone knew the 'shorthand".

Cheers,
                          Spyug

Comment

Working...
                          X