X

Good-bye cheesy chain adjusters...Not a swap job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good-bye cheesy chain adjusters...Not a swap job

So I finally got tired of those pathetic chunks of metal they call chain adjusters...So me and my buddy came up with these custom replacements.

Adjustable backwards AND forwards, kicking the rear tire forward is eliminated by using a retaining washer on the bolt, and attaching the end plates to the swingarm by screwing the tabs on the tops and bottoms of the plates to the arm.

Rounded edges and a smooth, snug fit inside the swingarm along with 1/8" thick steel design assures support against the axle pinching the swingarm tubing inwards.

The range of movement of the axle through the slots in the swingarm has not been limited but controlled. Axle holes going no farther than the front or rear of the swingarm axle slot. With the axle removed the adjuster does not fall out of alignment making it much easier to slide the axle back in.

Of course these still have cosmetic work to make them look good but ya know...havent got there yet...

I can get dimensions and measurements and stuff if anyone wants to attempt making these themselves
    Yes, without a doubt
    22.22%
    No, not a chance
    22.22%
    Maybe, if they were cheap enough
    55.56%
    On the brakes less than the gas,
    More times than not,
    I'M HAULIN ASS!!

Those look real good. Let us know how they work out!!
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
    Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Those do look nice.
      Do be careful of the stress on the retaining screws
      (the ones that hold the plate to the swingarm)
      doesn't damage the swingarm.
      Another big advantage is that your design
      (like the bandit retrofit)
      prevents the rear plate from slipping and
      causing a big problem.

Comment

When are mine coming?

Comment

Looks good. Keep us informed if you make a production run!

Comment

Sounds like a a fairly well thought-out design , I like it . Especially the part about being adjustable forward AND back . I HATE that the adjusters don't do that now .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would take a set assuming they were well priced, I also hate not being able to adjust it both ways (and the uglynenss of the stock one)

Comment

Hi all long time no talk. Reason: my bike got stolen

So my question is who all is still interested in buying a pair of these? And i have a price in mind but want feedback what do you all think is a fair price that doesnt screw me or you? If i can get enough people that want them i will make them. Dont have the originals anymore but still have all my design papers and want to help fund my next even better inventions prototype. thanx all

Originally posted by sk8r_opie View Post
                So I finally got tired of those pathetic chunks of metal they call chain adjusters...So me and my buddy came up with these custom replacements.

Adjustable backwards AND forwards, kicking the rear tire forward is eliminated by using a retaining washer on the bolt, and attaching the end plates to the swingarm by screwing the tabs on the tops and bottoms of the plates to the arm.

Rounded edges and a smooth, snug fit inside the swingarm along with 1/8" thick steel design assures support against the axle pinching the swingarm tubing inwards.

The range of movement of the axle through the slots in the swingarm has not been limited but controlled. Axle holes going no farther than the front or rear of the swingarm axle slot. With the axle removed the adjuster does not fall out of alignment making it much easier to slide the axle back in.

Of course these still have cosmetic work to make them look good but ya know...havent got there yet...

I can get dimensions and measurements and stuff if anyone wants to attempt making these themselves
                On the brakes less than the gas,
                More times than not,
                I'M HAULIN ASS!!

Comment

I,m in, name your price. What does a custom part cost these days?
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                  X