X

My Old 89 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Old 89 Kat

My old Kat! got it non working and a ugly sky blue. Tranny was locked up had to crack open engine replace all new tranny gears. Repaint with black with silver flake in it, pics don't show flake very well but it really pops in the sun, also painted all the decals with metallic silver and airbrushed tank with a crinkle flame also hard to see in pic, done all new exhaust and did hydro clutch mod as well as a few other things.... Hope you like as i am happy with her!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Here's an idea of what color it was and what the previous idiot owner did to it and also how bad the tranny was and how broke she was

DSC09486.jpg

DSC09463.jpg

DSC09467.jpg

DSC09482.jpg

Comment

Thinking........some quote about acorns and trees..... sweet ride!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Great job on the paint!
        Enjoy!

Comment

Wow that looks good! I'm in the process of laying some paint down, if it comes out half as nice I'll be happy. Sounds like you know your way around a wrench if you managed to strip out and replace the tranny.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Beautiful bike That's it... nothing more to be said

Colin.
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Thanks Guys, First Bike i have ever worked on. Really Just got manually and read it over and over before i actually did any work. I am happy the way she has turned out, thanks for all the positive feedback

Comment

very clean air brush was nice too. what mirrors do you have fitted there?

Comment

Very clean bike. Not bad at all.. some owners just don't know how to take care of nice things that they have.

Comment

holy hand grenade transmission!! I bet that made quite a racket when it went!
                    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Love it-- looks great!
                      sigpic
                      '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

yah man, you really brought that Kat back to life!! Who in their right mind would put that janky ass headlight cover on it? Poor motorcycle.

Glad to see she's back in action, and better lookin than ever!
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Wow, seeing that transmission pic made me die a little on the inside.
                          - Purplehaze
                          All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Wow that guy really abused this kat. Good job restoring the bike. The result is ten times better than what it was before. Congrats and enjoy the rides.
                            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                            X