No announcement yet.
X

Is there an easy way to break in boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an easy way to break in boots?

OK, you guys all talked me into buying boots, and I got a great pair of Sidi boots I'm quite happy with. The only thing is that these things sure are stiff and it's taking me a while to get used to them after riding with sneakers for almost 15 years. Of course, I know you can break in boots by wearing them a lot, and I have been wearing them around the house from time to time (my wife is starting to wonder about me). Anyway, is there any easier way to break the boots in other than wearing them? Otherwise I may have to break the sneakers out again
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Go out and ride in the rain. Worked for mine. They were pretty uncomfortable when I got them. Got them soaked and they dried out some while still on my feet. Now they're the most comfortable footware I've ever owned.

another way to do it, is to put a pot of boiling water on the stove. hang the boots over for a while to soften them up, then put them on your feet and wear them till the dry out a bit. I do that with hockey skates and it works perfectly everytime. Same principle as the rain, but a little more controlled

Comment

Think I should just wear them in the shower?
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
        If your wife was wondering about you before just imagine when you hop in the shower with her wearing your riding boots

Comment

What did Badbilly do ?
          Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by hellcamp
            What did Badbilly do ?
            What? when I hopped in the shower with her with my riding boots on?

Comment

Yeah now that Range has gone AWOL, we can see your secret desires emerging.....

Range are you listening ?
              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree with Dan aboot the rain eh?

Comment

Yeah now that Range has gone AWOL, we can see your secret desires emerging.....

Range are you listening ?
                  Secret? Who said anything aboot secret eh?

Comment

after riding with sneakers for almost 15 years

Comment

Sweat, sweat, and more sweat.

One week of riding at the Gap in July and my Sidis fit like a glove.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                        oddly enough thats not a bad idea... getting water down inside wouldnt be too comfortable but you'll break them in quicker if you soak them down You can take your helmet in with you too, or atleast the removeable padding..and kill 2 birds with one stone

Seriously though yes, get them soaked and then wear them for awhile and they'll feel better alot quicker. Sidi's are too good of a boot to not be worn. The same works with new gloves too.. getting em soaked then wearing them for awhile.

Comment

Ok so far, i've never ever had a good experience with soaked boots or shoes of any kind. They develop a stench so bad that skunks fear to tread anywhere near them. Does that not happen to biking boots too ?
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                            Sweat, sweat, and more sweat.

One week of riding at the Gap in July and my Sidis fit like a glove.
                            +1

Wearing them all day every day for about a week straight breaks them in nicely. That is how I broke in my first pair. This pair was 500 miles in the rain to get to the gap last year. Of course my bike took a sh*t when I got there.... but my boots have never fit better

Hellcamp.... 2 things..... change your socks frequently and using some Dr.Scholls powder or Lysol once a month usually takes care of funk foot in your boots.
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Ok so far, i've never ever had a good experience with soaked boots or shoes of any kind. They develop a stench so bad that skunks fear to tread anywhere near them. Does that not happen to biking boots too ?
                              The only time I have had leather items develop a smell after being wet was when they were wet for a long time. If you get your boots wet then walk them dry they will not smell.

Last year when I left the Gap I ended up sticking my damp gloves in a bag and I forgot about them. When I went back to them a week later they were actually moldy. I put them on and washed them like I was washing my hand. I let them dry by a fan (no heat just moving air) and they were good as new.

Comment

Working...
                              X