X

Fairing Bolt Kits.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing Bolt Kits.

Is there an aftermarket (or OEM) Fairing bolt kit for the pre 600 kats or do i just have to roll up to the hardware store and see if they will let me push it through the bolt aisle.

bike bolts I think its called. Give hs2020 a pm or check his website I believe he sells them.

Comment

bikebolts.com has a kit, a full kit w/ all the hardware or just a screw kit. Pro Bolt also sells a kit.

Comment

Great info! I was going to be asking the same question in a few weeks!

Great prices too!!
        93 Kat 600: Project in the works
        96 Grand Cherokee: 288k miles and counting

Originally posted by Nero
        today the cars are on suicide runs, tomorrow your iPhone will explode and blow your head off.

Comment

I got mine from Bikebolts. It was the complete kit including all the rubber washers.

Comment

Keep in mind though that the BikeBolts screws have smaller heads than the original OEM. I had problems with a few of mine sucking through the mounting holes in the fairing.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i just ordered a set through them off ebay 50 bucks color matched to my custom paint....

Comment

so what if you wanted to go HD route????
                FROM WORK:
                "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

is there an OEM Suzuki set as well? instead of an aftermarket set

Comment

i just used stainless M6 and M4 slotted bolts with wide lip rubber and steel washers. look great and cost me about $6 at home depot.
                    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Originally posted by 88kat60009 View Post
                      is there an OEM Suzuki set as well? instead of an aftermarket set
                      Suzuki doesn't package a pre-made complete set -- instead, they're happy to sell you exactly as many of each OEM bolt as you need. I carry quite a few of the OEM bolts here, but not "sets" because most times riders only need a couple of this bolt and one of that, etc.

Personally, I like the look of Tasty Bolts and the other aftermarket bolt kits, but I've found that they:
                      (A) Never fit as well as the OEM bolts (because they're not machined the same way -- OEM bolts have shoulders that match fairing thickness; aftermarket use rubber or nylon spacers [washers] to try to compensate);
                      (B) They tend to have problems with corrosion over time at the threads (because of the metallurgy -- Suzuki intentionally matched metals correctly so their bikes sitting in the dealerships for a year or three before selling wouldn't have any blemishes).

So, my advice:
                      If you need a whole set, go down to your dealer and ask them to order the bolts you need.
                      If you just need a handful, ask me for them when you order anything else...

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
                        i just used stainless M6 and M4 slotted bolts with wide lip rubber and steel washers. look great and cost me about $6 at home depot.
                        ooh, good stuff. imma do that!

Comment

Can anyone tell me what length and thread size the two top bolts on the side fairings are on a post kat (2006). Its the top two bolts that sit right between the gas tank and dash. I seem to have misplaced mine and need to hit the hardware store to find some new ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X