X

lower foot pegs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower foot pegs

Does anyone know of a kit that can lower the passenger footpegs a little bit?
    My better half would like them a bit lower as the height is slightly uncomfortable for her on long rides.

Thanks!
    I love my Kat!!
    2000 burgandy 750

i am sure you could make something?

Comment

Leave them alone girls asses always look better on a sport bike when their hanging on and uncomfortable.....Dont they!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
        Leave them alone girls asses always look better on a sport bike when their hanging on and uncomfortable.....Dont they!!
        If they could sit properly we wouldn't be able to see their thong and lower back tattoo.

This thread is un-american.

Comment

Have her sit on a phone book .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Have her wrap those long legs around your neck.

Comment

all great answers (she is always worried about her thong showing!!

But in all seriousness, is there something out there that will lower the pegs about 1 or 2 inches??
              I love my Kat!!
              2000 burgandy 750

Comment

You guys crack me up!

Comment

Originally posted by thecynic

This thread is un-american.

Put her in a bikini. She will be too self-conscious to worry about her legs hurting.

Comment

Have to agree with slayergsxf1 and thecynic.
                    "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

There is no standard mod to lower the footpegs. You could conceivably have NeOublie CNC up some replacement brackets for the footpeg hangers to lower them...
                      But if we're talking about the front pegs (if she rides herself), it would be a poorly conceived mod, as ground clearance would be greatly limited. More wise would be to go to a taller seat, such as the Gel-padded Suzuki seat for the Kat, or having extra padding placed in the stock seat. Or ordering a Corbin and having her simply change her seating position altogether (they'll tailor it to her inseam).
                      If we're talking about the rear pegs (she rides passenger), you could install longer hangers, but then it becomes an issue with supporting the exhaust pipe, which normally is supported by the footpeg hanger. Again, changes to the seat would be wiser.

Finally: in either case, make her stretch before getting on the bike (everyone should if they are riding for hours on end), and every hour or so, as well as drinking extra fluids. Muscles cramp because they are tense, unable to carry away by-products (insufficient fluids or salt is often the case, esp in hot weather) or the clothing is too constrictive across the rear of the knee or at the bend between the hips & upper thigh (cutting blood flow)

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks CP she rides passenger so we were lookin to lower the passenger pegs about 1 inch.
                        I now have a Gel seat on there. we will see how it works out.
                        I may just need to get a corbin for her.
                        I love my Kat!!
                        2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Working...
                        X