X

How Do I get the Foot Pegs Off???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I get the Foot Pegs Off???

When I had my little accident it broke one of the pegs so I bought new ones. I haven't been able to get the old ones out though. I took the brackets off of the bike took the E-Clip off but haven't been able to get the pins to budge. I tried putting a large flat head screw driver in the space between the pin and bracket and prying it and finally pounding on it with a hammer but I can barely get it to move at all. Is there some trick to this?? They're not too rusty of anything. Any help would be great. I think I'm going through Kat withdrawls.
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

The pin should slide right out. The manual for our bikes state this.

Is the mounting bracket bent?

If it were me I would try a flat head punch & a bfh, that usually gets the job done.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Once that C-clip (or E-clip, whatever you care to call it) is out, the pin should be able to be lifted or knocked straight upwards. One word of caution: surround the whole assembly with a plastic bag before you commence to banging it; most footpegs have three extra pieces you normally never see -- a small spring, a single ball-bearing, and a flat shim with a groove and a hole or two in it. These three parts ensure the footpeg wants to generally stay in the right position, and if the spring or ball goes flying, you may have problems tracking it down again.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X