X

Oslo - alps - Oslo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oslo - alps - Oslo

OK so Ive decided to do this alp tour that ive been thinking of for too many years.

The route is roughly this but its definately not final. Every time ive started to plot the route its become longer and longer. This time ive really tried to shorten it.

One thing is for certain , one cant see and experience everything in one trip..

I must laugh though... google maps thinks im doing this with car transport...silly google
    Attached Files
    2015 BMW S1000R

show off.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

haha
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Bah!....... plans never seem to work out as I discovered on my last trek. Just get a general direction and head out...... getting lost for a thousand miles was fun.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          Bah!....... plans never seem to work out as I discovered on my last trek. Just get a general direction and head out...... getting lost for a thousand miles was fun.
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            +1 to that. Been there done that lol.

Make sure you post plenty of pics.
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Ive been investigating more and the trip is getting closer

I agree I cant follow an exact plan but it doesnt hurt to have one

ive been asking the alp veterans over here and got a more precise route , and every time I go to google maps the trip gets longer heh...need to stop doing that

here is the more detailed route once im down there..

Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy, Austria, Slovenia and MAYBE visit a concentration camp ( Auschwitz in Poland ).

Been looking at a SPOT tracker so that you guys can look at my progress live , kind of cool thing

SPOT sells affordable satellite safety devices, delivering reliable location-based tracking, messaging and lifesaving S.O.S. technology. SPOT products monitor your location, connecting to emergency responders while out of cellular range.
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

OK, sooooo. The alp trip did not and will not happen this year . I had some trouble selling my old condo and a lot of stuff to do with the new condo. Long story short, had little time and money to make the trip happen.

It wont happen next year either because of baby comming. I will try another go in two years. It sucks but life happens.

On the bright side the old condo is sold for the price I wanted, and I did try to fix the damage a little and went for a two day 1000km twisty only ride with a friend. Stayed at his parents cabin halfway.

Because of the long distance we basically started riding at around 9 o clock and stopped at 9 o clock both days. That means I did not get too much time for photos but some.

First resting stop at the inner country boat channel. I dont know what you guys call them over there. But basically they raise the boat by closing it in a box and fill it with water till it levels with the upper level. Repeat this a few times and the boat is way up in the channel.

We continued on over a couple of smaller mountain passes , got some gopro video.

I know , some of them have some funky eurotrash music....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be8gM2gHV3c"]tur - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwHbZDyyuw"]tur2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1wsquqFZuM"]tur3 - YouTube[/ame]

Then we arrived at the steepest drop down and hit megarain and megafog. I mean fog like some stephen king shit. no pictures too busy keeping the damn bike on the road from the 400 feet drop straight down with 10 meter visibility.

Arrived at the bottom below the fog layer.

The second day when we were returning I checked the oil just for fun and I could see no oil behind the glass. ops....

stopped at a gas station after endless miles in the middle of nowhere. 1 Liter down. and still it was only just above the Low level. That thing was thirsty.

While im filling oil my Ducati friend checks his oil just for the fun of it. He cant see any oil behind the glass either !!

kept the bike straight nothing... hmm tilted the bike all the way to the side and there was a tiny bit of oil.. damn.

So he went and bought 1 Liter of oil too. emptied the whole thing and could still not see any oil. DAMN.
                Bought another bottle and filled up 0.8 Liters more and it was good to go. The bike holds 3 liters total so it basically had less oil in it then we topped up. how it didnt break down amazes me.

and we hauled our butts all the way home.
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Glad you were able to make a smaller trip, that alps trip looks epic! This would be a great way for me as an American to see a lot of Europe. Rent a bad ass bike out there for a couple week vacation and have a blast.

Thanks for sharing!

By the way... in America we call them "locks" - http://www.eriecanal.org/locks.html
                  Last edited by rottenpixies; 07-15-2013, 11:00 AM.
                  - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

ok the missus gave me the green light to do this thing this summer. So unless something goes terribly wrong its going to happen wooot
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Good luck on getting your trip in. I used to plan like crazy and the forgot to enjoy the trip worrying about where and when I should be somewhere. The best trips I have take in the last few years have a general plan and then leaving room to be flexible. Granted some places mean more planning that it can be difficult. I have planned a trip around Colorado here in the States that will be about 1500 miles. I am going to take 4-5 days and pack a tent and sleeping bag. No reservations anywhere. One nice thing here is at any time during the ride I will at most be about 6 hours from home.
                      Have a fantastic trip and try to stop and take some pics for us!

Comment

Dude, dude, dude, dude, dude...baby coming? You better go this year, like nowsville...because it will geometrically become harder and harder to get away as time rolls on...and no matter how far you ride, you can always ride back home.

Congratulations on baby coming!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

AWESOME!! Best of luck getting it worked out! Their should be some amazing pics an vids to look forward to

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                          Dude, dude, dude, dude, dude...baby coming? You better go this year, like nowsville...because it will geometrically become harder and harder to get away as time rolls on...and no matter how far you ride, you can always ride back home.

Ditto..ive got 3 and my dreams of a "ride to nowhere and back" are put on hold for say...idk...another 10+ years haha.
                          Last edited by crazycraven420; 01-18-2014, 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                            Good luck on getting your trip in. I used to plan like crazy and the forgot to enjoy the trip worrying about where and when I should be somewhere. The best trips I have take in the last few years have a general plan and then leaving room to be flexible. Granted some places mean more planning that it can be difficult. I have planned a trip around Colorado here in the States that will be about 1500 miles. I am going to take 4-5 days and pack a tent and sleeping bag. No reservations anywhere. One nice thing here is at any time during the ride I will at most be about 6 hours from home.
                            Have a fantastic trip and try to stop and take some pics for us!
                            That sounds like a nice trip. Make a thread about it an post pics !
                            Thank you, I will keep you updated

Originally posted by zuma View Post

Thank you Zuma , the thread is from last year when I was planning for doing this trip during last years summer. The baby is here and 4 months old . she is adorable but takes a lot of time to care for Its all good though , she sleeps at night and is a calm baby. Not to mention her mother is also great in helping out.

So now that she said that I can do this trip this year I was very surprized and im going to make it happen once and for all

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                            AWESOME!! Best of luck getting it worked out! Their should be some amazing pics an vids to look forward to

Ditto..ive got 3 and my dreams of a "ride to nowhere and back" are put on hold for say...idk...another 10+ years haha.
                            thank you
                            Last edited by mammut89; 01-19-2014, 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

well finally this trip is going down this saturday. getting excited. I will take pics along the way
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X