Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

For all you guys buying those cheap knockoff levers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you guys buying those cheap knockoff levers...

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

good warning
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

That could have been a BIG problem.
      -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
      sigpic

Comment

...I dream of things that never were, and I ask why not.

Comment

I must say, if you install a set of $60 Hong Kong levers on your bike without triple checking that everything is right, you pretty much deserve to eat some pavement.

For future reference: If the plunger is being pushed AT ALL when you install the lever, it's wrong. For radial master cylinders, you also have that alignment issue to contend with. In any case, if you buy cheap stuff, you need to be twice as careful that it is correct before you trust it.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            I must say, if you install a set of $60 Hong Kong levers on your bike without triple checking that everything is right, you pretty much deserve to eat some pavement.

For future reference: If the plunger is being pushed AT ALL when you install the lever, it's wrong. For radial master cylinders, you also have that alignment issue to contend with. In any case, if you buy cheap stuff, you need to be twice as careful that it is correct before you trust it.

+1

Why would you install ANY thing and not check it's right and working properly?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              +1

Why would you install ANY thing and not check it's right and working properly?

Krey
              Because the majority of the sportbike community are idiots..."It says it fits so I'm sure it does."

Just a much higher likelihood of this happening with products from China that are made to LOOK like the real deal, not perform like it.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Because the majority of the sportbike community are idiots..."It says it fits so I'm sure it does."
                .......The salesman at the shop told me I could put a 190 on the stock rim and it would be fine!.....

........ I got mirrors (can also be swingarm spools, sliders, or "Moto GP" exhausts) from ebay, but they don't fit. The ad said they were for GSXR's, Ninja's, Ducati's and Katana's.....

....... I just put some fresh Autolites in my bike, and now it runs like s**t. They cross-referenced to the NGK CR9EK, so I don't understand what the problem is......
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  .......The salesman at the shop told me I could put a 190 on the stock rim and it would be fine!.....

........ I got mirrors (can also be swingarm spools, sliders, or "Moto GP" exhausts) from ebay, but they don't fit. The ad said they were for GSXR's, Ninja's, Ducati's and Katana's.....

....... I just put some fresh Autolites in my bike, and now it runs like s**t. They cross-referenced to the NGK CR9EK, so I don't understand what the problem is......
                  Wait...the spark plug is what stops the spark from escaping out of the cylinder right?

I've worked on a lot of cars, but this is my first bike...how do I change the oil?

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Wait...the spark plug is what stops the spark from escaping out of the cylinder right?

I've worked on a lot of cars, but this is my first bike...how do I change the oil?
                    No silly, the spark plug is what turns on your headlights.
                    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I bought a set of powerbands on ebay, but I can't figure out where to install them. (You haven't lived until you've seen a thread start this way! )

Comment

Working...
                      X