X

modification needed after exhaust instalation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modification needed after exhaust instalation

hi i have a katana 1127 1993 its all stock except (barnett clutch)

i intend to install this

what other mod will i need ?
    (im a car mechanic)
    in car if you put up better exhaust flow you need better intake flow and better gas flow does this apply to my stock katana 1127

if you have any others suggestion for exhaust on my kat 1127 1993 let me know
    i want exhaust that you can hear me comming from far away in high rev but kinda silent if i drive it in low rev so cops dont bother me

ty in advance

Sono

Originally posted by sono View Post
    i want exhaust that you can hear me comming from far away in high rev but kinda silent if i drive it in low rev so cops dont bother me
    Keep looking. D&D's should be sold with earplugs.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
      Keep looking. D&D's should be sold with earplugs.
      sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

D&D's are about as loud as they come. annoying as hell. yosh makes a great pipe like that. although i have one on my 06 6oo dont know if they sound the same as the 1100 kat tho
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

will i be able to find a yoshi for my old kat i mean on there web site its only for bike years 2000+ i also want headers 4-1 downpipe

thx again for reading my post and awnsering it so quick

Comment

Full exhaust you'll need to rejet. Better look into a jet kit as well.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Full exhaust should include stage 1 jetkit. Do NOT change the stock airbox/filter. Your bike runs better with it for that setup. If you were inclined to use any aftermarket filter, you need to spend alot of time doing fuel balance tuning on the carbs (not simple, needs a few dyno runs) to get it ... to run, but no real gains at all. (it won't possibly run any better than using the stock airbox/filter).

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X