X

Howdy from Norway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Norway

Hey all, I'm finally getting around to buying a bike and I've looked at a few, but the "GSXF" (aka Katana back in the states) has caught my eye.

I'm going to be using it for driving around town and back and forth to Oslo. (About an hour and a half, daily, three hours total road time.)

Looking forward to what you all have done to your bikes and hope to get some inspiration. I want to "sporterize" it a little to give it a more aggressive look.

Thanks for dropping by!

Welcome to KR!
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it's a gooder, that's for sure (but, i am slightly biased... even tho mine doesn't run right now lol)

welcome!
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Welcome aboard!

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Welcome Norway. Sounds like you have a great drive to relax on to and from work...
            Three rules to live by: 1) Drive safe, the life you save could be mine. 2) Where ever you go, there you are. and C) Never, I repeat, Never drive faster than the car directly in front of you....

Comment

Originally posted by madkater View Post
              Welcome Norway. Sounds like you have a great drive to relax on to and from work...
              That's one way to look at it I guess. I've always damned that stretch of road when driving a car. However I think it'll be different on two wheels.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've lived in the US since I was three though, moved back here a few years ago. Miss the states!

Comment

hello and welcome
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the family...you will love the ergonomics and seating position of the bike. I have rode 6 hours only stopping for fuel/food and had only minor discomfort (sore butt).

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
                        I have rode 6 hours only stopping for fuel/food and had only minor discomfort (sore butt).
                        That sounds like a good deal. (Not the sore in the butt thing, but the nice riding comfort.)

Thanks all for the welcome.

Comment

Whereabouts do you live? We have some friends in Stavanger and a few in Bergen.

Comment

Originally posted by slotzero View Post
                            Whereabouts do you live? We have some friends in Stavanger and a few in Bergen.
                            No where close. Oslo actually, but have a couple of friends down in Bergen and a good friend in Stavanger. (Just think they talk funny though...)

Most people I talk to think I'm American because of my "American" accent when I talk Norwegian, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
                              "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X