Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Doing the change to 03+ newer tail. with pics. finally !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was going to buy that undertail but he was on vacation and returned my e-mail a month after i bought the busa tail light off e-bay for 12$. than i baught the clear alternatives smoked tail light lens and integrated signals. i will try to get pics of the cable and tail soon. i also made my own fender eliminator.

Comment

pics

pics of tail. one with the old cord next to the new one instaled. + other stuff i mentioned earlier.[/img]
      Attached Files

Comment

?

Comment

4,5,6[img][/img]

Comment

can't seem to get the other 3 pics to appear? any ideas?

Comment

final attempt to get the other 3 pics on

456 [img][/img]

Comment

Finished my conversion a couple months ago with almost no issues. The only problem I ran into is that the it's difficult to unlock the seat now because the wire that opens the lock is too long. Anyone know a way to shorten the wire?

Comment

I just picked up the bike today and all I can say it that it looks awsome.....I will have pics. of it this weekend...I would have taked some today but it was like 45 F....and I just wanted to get it home and get warm....But I WILL have pics. this Sat. or Sun.

Also they didn't have any problems with changing out any of the tail...the only thing I would say to chages along with what I had listed is the undertail because there is two bolt holes right near the tail light....The holes are off by about a quarter of an inch no big deal but just somthing that I thought I would everyone know....

Comment

Pictures will be up tomorrow *promise* just got the bike back to my house tonight. After work I will take pics. if it isn't raining and even if it is raining...lol

also will take pics. of the part of the undertail that doesn't line up with the newer tail...

But pics. tomorrow I sware....

Comment

That looks awesome mayeb i may end up doing that I have already cut the back out so the tire is showing hmmmm
                      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Looks awesome, going to keep it in mind for someday!

Comment

Nice, I am getting sick of the bumble bee myself
                          Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Comment

Just in case anyone is curious, the lock for the 98-02 is different than the 03+. The bracket that holds it from spinning sits differently. It doesn't really matter, as it will still change, but you do have to get a new cable or rig something. If you're considering this with an artfibras undertail, then make sure you order the 03+ undertail and everything will line up (minus the holes that you have to drill yourself).
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                              Just in case anyone is curious, the lock for the 98-02 is different than the 03+. The bracket that holds it from spinning sits differently. It doesn't really matter, as it will still change, but you do have to get a new cable or rig something. If you're considering this with an artfibras undertail, then make sure you order the 03+ undertail and everything will line up (minus the holes that you have to drill yourself).
                              Actually i figured out a way to make the same one work.... i have an 02 kat and i bought the 06 tail.... the 02 lock has to just be flipped to be facing the opposite side as in there are 2 screws and a lil nipple that goes in... now flip it 180 and it will line up with the 2 screws minus the lil nipple... thats what i did with mine and the cable is perfect for the length... the only thing is on your picture you have the cable past the black bracket that the rear grab bar screws into.... try putting the cable before that metal frame part and it will reach the hole....hope you understand what i am getting at
                              Shiny side up !!!

Comment

nice
                                i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Working...
                                X