X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well of course you would have went if it was green. I was just poking fun at the 4 cycles statement. You can't have a "cycle" unless your light turns green.

A local policeman answers traffic questions that are printed in the local paper. He was asked the lights question and he said wait two cycles. Well a cycle involves a green light for you. Obviously no one waits for a green. The only other alternative is cross traffic having green the whole time, which isn't a cycle - just an extended green. So if cross turned red, yours would have to turn green thus completing the cycle. (It does suck, however, waiting for cross's extended green to turn red so you can go green!)
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

But not if you're in the turn lane . The OTHER lane next to you may turn green , but you're still stuck with a red arrow . Thus , the lights ARE cycling . Capice ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Maybe, but you would have thought the cops in their cages behind him would have tripped the sensor - rarely do cars not trip the light sensors.
        "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

we have one here in town that NEVER turns green for a bike. it's one of those instersections that's not completely lined up for all 4 roads, so there's a green light for east and west traffic, a seperate green for north and a seperate green for south. i just avoid that intersection unless there's other cars around to trigger the light. we had 3 bikes on it once and still couldn't get a green. i've even turned around and motioned for the cars behind me to pull up before. sometimes, you just have to make sure it's clear and go.

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
          "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by trojanftbl52
            Maybe, but you would have thought the cops in their cages behind him would have tripped the sensor - rarely do cars not trip the light sensors.
            I've been stuck at lights before , and it's the ONE time that cars WON'T get right up your a$$ . It's funny how few people realize what those stupid lines are for . I wave them forward , and they just look at me like I'm nuts . The sidestand trick has yet to fail me though , since I started using it a while back .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It's funny - damn cagers never do what we want them to! When they do, I'm shocked and I end up doing something stupid. Then they sit and wonder why they do anything for us! (It's a vicious cycle)

Comment

i just run the red
                it's kinda fun
                You're Welcome,
                - The Social Invalid

Comment

Yeah, I found one of these "a bike is not a car so I am going to ignore you" red lights. Right by my frikken apartment building. FYI to all riders in Toronto, beware the intersection at Portland & King (just west of Spadina & King).

If you are waiting at red in either the northbound or southbound lane on Portland St, then you will have to run out and push the pedestrian button.

Comment

Thanks, good info. I have one right by my house, and its an intersection with the most annoying strobe light there. And the strobe light there is because its on the top of a hill and people keep dieing at that intersection. And that is why i end of sitting there for 5 minutes in the middle of the night starring at this strobe light until i cautiously run it.

Comment

will adding magnets help trigger a red light?
                      Infantrymen dont rent, lease or borrow the night..we own it: "No Fear on Earth"

Comment

There's one of those close to my house too .. have to go through it every time I get home coming from the highway ... my trick when it won't come on is I jump up and down on the bike ... It looks weird but does the job.
                        Guylaine
                        Try and keep up now

Comment

If a car is behind you, roll foward a bit and stop again, almost everone will roll with you. the car will trip the light just don't go to far!

the better way to do it; glue a few magnets to the inside of you bottom fairing. i used one from an old factory car speaker and have had no issues since.
                          "A Superior Rider is one that stays of trouble by using his Superior Judgement to avoid situations that my require his Superior Skill."

Comment

this has happened to me alot! I HATE IT!
                            2000 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by _Sky_
                              There's one of those close to my house too .. have to go through it every time I get home coming from the highway ... my trick when it won't come on is I jump up and down on the bike ... It looks weird but does the job.
                              Pics/ video please lol

Comment

I never heard of the magnet trick, will definitely try it out.
                                2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Working...
                                X