X

98 Katana/Follow me on my journey of a complete makeover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Katana/Follow me on my journey of a complete makeover

Hello all. Just bought this bike 1998 Katana. And already have had all the haters comment while out riding. Heard it all mainly nice can of tuna LOL! I just bought this bike. Yeah its a 600 but honestly it is one of the smoothest bikes ive ever rode. and mechanicly one of the easiest strait forward bikes to work on. I am starting to tear this bike down to the bones and rebuild it from the frame up. Though not really going to modify the engine that much. Mainly cosmetic and a few mechanicals. I've been a bike mechanic for years and have been customizing cars for years aswell. I thought it was time to try the bike thing. I have great respect for those who do it all the time. So if your interested on following this adventure please feel free to follow and if someone has some suggestions please feel free to send them my way, I am open minded. This can be OUR project. Thanks all. Pics coming real soon! Before during and After and the after I hope will be sooner than later.
    Last edited by kawizx10; 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM.
    It does not matter what you ride as long as it has two wheels and at least one on the ground!

Good luck with the makeover and welcome to the forum! :
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks Nero, I need all the luck I can get LOL!
      It does not matter what you ride as long as it has two wheels and at least one on the ground!

Comment

Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress. Welcome...let us know if there's any way we can help! A few of us might know a thing or two about modding bikes

Comment

Hi and welcome! Where are you located?
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

San Diego California

Comment

dude it you can think of it .. more than likely someone has done it or something real close .. post up questions in the appropriate forums and use the search function and im sure your rebuild will go smooth .. and btw .. welcome to KR
              so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress. Welcome...let us know if there's any way we can help! A few of us might know a thing or two about modding bikes
                I can apply Carbon Fiber decals!

Comment

I can apply Carbon Fiber decals!
                  Haha, that's more than I can do!!
                  My Geeky Finance Blog.

Comment

welcome to KR!
                    '99 Suzuki GSXF
                    '67 BSA Spitfire
                    '73 Triumph trident
                    '35 AJS 350 side valve
                    '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
                    '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome to KatRiders
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

A couple pics of the parts being preped for paint and body mods. Getting rid of those funky looking turn signals.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                          sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

love the m4 .. i got the 07 model in carbon fiber myself .. great sounding can .. is it just me or did the paint prep pics not show for anyone else either?
                            so many roads so little time

Comment

Welcome kawizx10... to KatRiders.
                              Good luck with the build.
                              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Working...
                              X