X

Hello from a newbie from south america & already a quest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a newbie from south america & already a quest

hello there im glad to find this marvellous forum iv e been reading som posts and ar every interesting. =)

I have a Gsx 600 F a Katana from 95.. quite old but i modify her a lot so it looks cool for me..

Well the main reason im here is cause i have a problem and i dont kow who to ask.

Yesterday night mi Katana died after a light (not a nice thing in the middle of nowhere at night with no help). =(

Any way the simptoms where this:
    the bike sputtered and died. when i tried to re start again the tachometer was like crazy and died. im very afraid might be cdi.
    I checked the battery and it measures 15.3 v when the bike is turned on (2 k revs )

i think this might be a little high dont u think? does any one know what must be the charging reading for this kind of bike?

might it be the rectifier regulator? is it over chargin?.. might it be my cdi?.

i mean the bike is very well cared.. why the cdi might be suddenly damaged..??
    any ideas suggestions pls!!

thanks a lot
    and forgive my English ill wait tons of answers Kat riders! =)
    chao

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR and Enjoy the ride.

As for your issue it could be a number of things. Does the bike turn over at all What were you doig right before it died What is the temperature down there right now I know when my bike gets to hot it will shut off and not start back til the engine has cooled down a bit. Like I said it could be a number of things that is causing this issue.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to KR.
        2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
        2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
          Hope the guys can help you out.
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
            Welcome to KR and Enjoy the ride.

As for your issue it could be a number of things. Does the bike turn over at all What were you doig right before it died What is the temperature down there right now I know when my bike gets to hot it will shut off and not start back til the engine has cooled down a bit. Like I said it could be a number of things that is causing this issue.
            thanks for answering..

you see, i had a Kawasaki with the same problem of getting hot and die.. but it was CDI. now this Katana has not overheating problemas at all. actully as i said it was middle of the night. and i was in a red light.. and suddenly i tried to go and the bike started to sputter and fynally died..

i opened teh cdi but looks fine for me.. but i couldnt tell until i measure the reading..

for that Does anyone know the measurements of a cdi must read?? pls???

that would solve my question-..

thanks again guyz

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Wow long ways away, welcome to KR!

KCCO!!!
                Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Welcome!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

welcome to KR!!
                    '99 Suzuki GSXF
                    '67 BSA Spitfire
                    '73 Triumph trident
                    '35 AJS 350 side valve
                    '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
                    '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Katriders. Like HS2020 said, your problem could be a lot of different issues. With your tach doing what you said it did, I definitely think it's an electrical problem. You need to post your question in the appropriate category in order to get a propper response to your question. The introduction page isn't necessarily going to give you the answer you're looking for.
                      Good Luck!!

Post your question(s) in the mechanic's section.
                      2000 Katana 750
                      -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Comment

Working...
                      X