X

SHIFT RACING KEVLAR REINFORCED RIDING JEANS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHIFT RACING KEVLAR REINFORCED RIDING JEANS

Ok, somebody asked about these Shift Racing Jeans I just bought. Well I received them today. I needed some because I do not like to ride without ALL protective gear. Sometimes though, when running to the base exchange a few miles away and the speed limit not being over 30, I don't need to have the full leathers even though I ride with them anyway. I needed an alternative for the base runs.

The verdict:

Very, very comfortable jeans that don't even look like they have anything to do with a motorcycle. They fit just like my Levis and look great. The size runs just as the Levis do in 34. In fact, the wifey had no idea they were for the motorcycle and said nice jeans! Perfect!

The knees are reinforced and the pants are kevlar reinforced as well. I paid $59.00 at motorcycle closeouts. com, regularly, $79.00.

Why Shift Racing?
    I know the Shift Racing brand for their awesome dirt bike stuff and was very pleased when they transitioned to street gear. I also had bought the leather race suit and gloves and was very pleased with the quality and fit.
    I was not disappointed with this purchase either. THUMBS UP!

Some type edits, oops.

Click on the pics for better detail.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Update: I took them to work today and they were comfortable and actually blocked the wind quite well.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Just to had about Shift gear. It is actually made by FOX. Fox Racing = Shift Gear and Shift Gear=Fox Racing.

I have a Shift Leather Jacket and it came with hard armour in the elbows and shoulders. Great Jacket for the price I got it at.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I JUST ORDERED A PAIR OF THESE JEANS LOOKING FOWARD TO WEARING THEM LOOK PREVIEW IN THE FUTURE :P
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
          Just to had about Shift gear. It is actually made by FOX. Fox Racing = Shift Gear and Shift Gear=Fox Racing.

I have a Shift Leather Jacket and it came with hard armour in the elbows and shoulders. Great Jacket for the price I got it at.
          Yup, goes without saying for dirt bike guys but great info to know for anyone wondering their reputation, which is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE
            I JUST ORDERED A PAIR OF THESE JEANS LOOKING FOWARD TO WEARING THEM LOOK PREVIEW IN THE FUTURE :P

You will love them.

Comment

I was interested in some of these as well. Other than abrasion resistance, is there anything to absorb an impact?
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

Nope, not on these man. I have my leathers for that.

Comment

Are there any jeans available with built in armor or padding? That would be optimal, but I'll definately look into these. I'm just wearing jeans half the time anyway, so this would definately be a step up.
                  --
                  Brian Johnson
                  http://brianjo.spaces.live.com

Comment

Not sure but that is exacly why I got these. I needed something above regular jeans.

Comment

I've been looking into these also.

Comment

For impact I believe Draggin Jeans have the padding...I thought some one said that you need to order one size larger than your normal size to make room for the pads...but I could be wrong...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Under armor ? Like Bohn or something .....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

These would fit with some armor protection easy. They fit like loose fit Levis.

Comment

I'm going to get me a pair.

Comment

Working...
                              X