X

LED Accent Lighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Accent Lighting

Searched the forum, and the only return on LED accents was on Nighthawk's bike, so I wasn't sure how many people had done this. Was thinking about adding to mine since I will be painting flat black this winter, and it would definately help night visibility. Anyone else done it? Any pics? Is it too streetracer?
    Yes (& take the neon off of you Civic)
    8.33%
    No, go for it!
    91.67%
    "I'm not crazy because I take the right pills."

No matter what other people might say, unless they are going to help you pay for the lights- go for it if it is what you want. I had some on my car and am really thinking about some for my bike. My problem is my bike color to match.
    Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

there nice if you do them right. i have 3 tubes and 4 leds that light my windscreen all of the light are placed were you can not see the tubes

Comment

I was thinking mainly some white LEDs under the tail might look cool. fasteddie, you got a point, shouldn't worry about other people, just don't want to be lumped into that group that throws all these cheap mods on their ride and there's no substance. I can't stand the guys that have a fart pipe on their exhaust, about 15 stickers on the windows and a giant wing on the back, yet the car is a bone stock 99 Civic automatic.

Comment

Make sure you are careful with the colors if you plan to ride around with them on...I know in CA white and blue are a "no no"...police will pull you over for those two colors...I had a friend pulled over because he had blue lights...now the cop did tell him that he needed to put his LEDS higher up into his bike...the reason is that he could see where the light source and that would always get him pulled over...also told him that blue and white are colors that should not be used because they are emergency colors...at least that is what he told me...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
            Make sure you are careful with the colors if you plan to ride around with them on...I know in CA white and blue are a "no no"...police will pull you over for those two colors...I had a friend pulled over because he had blue lights...now the cop did tell him that he needed to put his LEDS higher up into his bike...the reason is that he could see where the light source and that would always get him pulled over...also told him that blue and white are colors that should not be used because they are emergency colors...at least that is what he told me...
            Good call. Yeah in this state (Kansas) it can get you pulled over if the source is visible. It falls under the neon lighting rules. The glow is fine, just can't have the tube visible.
            AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Thanks guys, I work with an ex cop, I'll ask him or one of the current officers that's always hanging around our office. I would definately hide the source, a nice, soft white glow on the undertail is all I'm thinking, but maybe I'll go with yellow if it will help avoid trouble with the law.

Comment

Z has led's set up all throughout his bike. They look real sharp at night !

Comment

i have 10 blue LEDs inside my fairings... x4 under tail, x4 under sides near holes, x2 under front end

the police i've talked to don't care about them, and even said that they thought it was a good way to increase visability. without them, you couldn't see my black kat at night if you were looking at it from the side.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I'm with Fasteddie....I'd love to add a few on my bike, cant quite find anything to match.
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I put a set of Blue LEDs on my black 750 and I get a lot of compliments. They really shine off of the chrome at night. Real easy to install.

Comment

What luminance did you guys go with?

I was looking at the LUXART Light Modules on superbrightleds.com http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini_tubes.htm for under the tail. Thought it would be a good choice since they are waterproof and already had the resistors.

Comment

mine are all blue i have 2 6 in tubes under the tail by the grab rails i have a 10 inch under the belly and 4 leds that light up my windscreen never have problems using mine at night

Comment

I was surfing ebay and came across this item that may help...normally you would install a switch somewhere to turn on the LED's...this way you use a remote and no swithch to install..

Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

thats a good price! but i wouldnt want to carry that huge key fob i drilled 2 hole in my dash

Comment

Working...
                              X