X

First time rider getting gear!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time rider getting gear!

Need some help finding what would work out for me living in west FL.
    As a new rider there are a TON of options out there for gear and im needing some help narrowing it down so I dont waste my money on crap.

I have no safety gear so ill be needing a helmet, jacket and gloves atleast to start. Ive also heard they have kevlar jeans for riding, whats the deal with those?
    Anything else that im not thinking of that might be a big help in protecting me?

Just looking for recommendations! Im 6'4" and 170lbs if that matters.

Best protection option with your location in mind.

Under armor rigs, textile heavily breathable jacket.

While not recommending specifically these items, similar choices...

Under armor...

Jacket...

Kevlar jeans include inserts for abrasion resistance. Gives you the look of "jeans" but has the protection of textile to prevent skin abrasion should you go down. They provide no impact protection though, so you would still want to consider under armor for that area as well (knees for sure!)

Or mesh over pants, also an option.

Over ankle boots! A must.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ill have to find some boots then... Right now I just have HUGE clunky boots, and they are very uncomfortable and they are VERY bulky. I cant really shift with them.

Comment

Anyone else from hot humid climates want to chime in?

Also any suggestions for large boots (size 13)?

Comment

Brand new in the box. ALPINESTAR racing boots. Lightweight, vented and super comfortable riding boot. Retails for $239.99. I have two pair of these for sale. $185.00 Size 46 or 11.5

craigslist pensecola florida what do you think....
          Last edited by loneraider; 04-18-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

11.5 is too small. I wear size 13's

Comment

Picked up some gear from the shop!
              HJC CL-17 helmet, Joe rocket jacket and some alpinestar gloves.

Comment

I love my armadillo knee protectors, that go on over my jeans, and I don't want to ride without my spine protector under my leather jacket. I got my jacket from leatherup, it's cheap but does the job

Comment

i got me a really good jacket for cheap at motorcycle house. It was called the vikingcycle ironside i think. good quality was really good considering the price i paid. It has all the padding i would ideally want without too much clutter and its highly ventilated. Perfect for the california weather. you should look them up!
                  Ride like your music, HARDCORE

Comment

Working...
                  X