No announcement yet.
X

My Slider Build Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure whats your idea, if you could explain it a bit more..

its down as it can go. theres a diagonal weld and it cant go any further down.
    and this bolting piece is as big so slider can have full body support for itself.

Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      The frame is the same. The welded on bracket that supports the oil cooler is lower because the 600 has a 9 row cooler, 750 has a 15 row cooler.

If you made the clamp slightly larger but moved it down so that it clamps more on the corner than above it, that would make it universal for both 600 and 750. A 3 point bolting feature would probably work well for that (either side and center of the 2 rails).

Just a thought...

Krey
      If krey says they're the same, I trust him. I'll contact you on PM about the sliders

Comment

and heres the problem with 750

Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
          Not sure whats your idea, if you could explain it a bit more..

its down as it can go. theres a diagonal weld and it cant go any further down.
          and this bolting piece is as big so slider can have full body support for itself.

using this picture as reference...

On the right side, make the piece larger so that the 2 bolts are further apart, wide enough for the lower support frame below them will fit between.

Move the entire piece down some.

cut out a bit more material for the diagonal weld on the left side, internally... for the fit.

You might raise the top of the external piece back up so the slider bolt hole remains near the prefered location.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

using this picture as reference...

On the right side, make the piece larger so that the 2 bolts are further apart, wide enough for the lower support frame below them will fit between.

Move the entire piece down some.

cut out a bit more material for the diagonal weld on the left side, internally... for the fit.

You might raise the top of the external piece back up so the slider bolt hole remains near the prefered location.

Krey
            the piece cant go down anymore because of the fairings. if i understood you corectly, i should make something like t rex mounts?
            sigpic

Comment

the piece cant go down anymore because of the fairings. if i understood you corectly, i should make something like t rex mounts?
              I don't have a visual ref. for Trex sliders...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

something similar to this?

T-rex for katana

and heres a side view of mounts

Attached Files
                Last edited by FJCharlie; 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess it would be a bit closer to the Trex design.

I don't think you have enough room to make one like yours that would split the differance between the 600 and 750. What I mean, is adjust it so the bracket sits higher... tighter to the 600 bracket on top, but above the 750 bracket on the bottom.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

make me a pair for a 91 kat 600
                    track pro

Comment

I guess it would be a bit closer to the Trex design.

I don't think you have enough room to make one like yours that would split the differance between the 600 and 750. What I mean, is adjust it so the bracket sits higher... tighter to the 600 bracket on top, but above the 750 bracket on the bottom.

Krey
                      ill try to think of something, ill borow friends 750 and think it through. thank you for suggestions, if any more ideas would be appreciated

Originally posted by dr.house0989 View Post
                      make me a pair for a 91 kat 600
                      I would but im very sorry, Im not being able to make for prekat.
                      sigpic

Comment

ill try to think of something, ill borow friends 750 and think it through. thank you for suggestions, if any more ideas would be appreciated

I would but im very sorry, Im not being able to make for prekat.

why not?
                        track pro

Comment

this set i made is for 98+ because of fairings, for you to mount it youd have to make a hole in fairing if a mounts could acctually fit between fairing and frame.. and i dont have anyone with prekat to figure some sliders for prekat-before 98 model.
                          if i make some ill let you know
                          sigpic

Comment

this set i made is for 98+ because of fairings, for you to mount it youd have to make a hole in fairing if a mounts could acctually fit between fairing and frame.. and i dont have anyone with prekat to figure some sliders for prekat-before 98 model.
                            if i make some ill let you know
                            alright cool. if you hear of anyone making them will you let me know plz i really NEED some
                            track pro

Comment

a set of these are now for sale, post 600 kats only

Comment

You still making these? Going to get my side fairings repaired and painted this summer and looking to invest in a solid slider.
                                - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Working...
                                X