X

Post GPS Mounting DIY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
    The "mount guys" sell a hard wire kit for the Tomtom.

as a note, I took the stock suction cup mount, wet it, and stuck it to the inside of the windscreen.. then took a 75 mile ride over all sorts of road conditions... sucker doesn't budge. sits just over the tach, and is completely useable

make sure you tether the GPS as a just in case
    i'm using your method. so far i've had the gps come loose once. no problem.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Cigarette Lighter Kit

I just bought this on eBay to have a way to charge my cell phone while on long trips. I hope to be able to mount my cell phone to use it's GPS capabilities while I'm at it.

sigpic
      John - AKA: Negster
      2005 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by skidoo_03 View Post
        I went to the parking light for power. Brown is positive and black/white is ground. wired it up and worked alright. I am having issues with my garmin nuvi 255w. it shows the computer connection thing and thinks it is connecting to a computer. used my parents exact same model and it works fine. so not sure whats up there, but it does work!

I mounted with the suction cup mount and drilled 2 holes through the mount and the windshield. I wish i would have done them up and down instead of on the sides. they aren't straight thru, but it will work. just doesn't look the best. o well, live and learn.

Looks good Skidoo! I didnt want to drill into my windscreen.. Since my bike is down.. AGAIN with a flat ... I am doing going through the wiring trying to find places to run and hide wires. With all the LED's running on the plastics, i dont want to run anything else near there. Actually thinging of running it with the harness. Just redo the wireloom completely.
        If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

Working...
        X