No announcement yet.
X

Scorpion EXO-1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone needs to understand, every helmet fits everyone different. Helmet reviews are great, but you can try on 400,000 helmets, and if they don't fit right, they are not for you. I tried ALL of them in my area, and found the Scorpion to fit my head best. What you need to worry about is if the helmet is going to bother you at speed. There is NO such thing as a helmet review if the darn thing don't fit your unique head right! Yes, I love my 1000, but it's only because it fit right. I was willing to spend (let me rephrase that, my wife was willing to let me spend) whatever it took to make me feel comfy. Many people get all the name brands because they are NAME brands, and that is completely stupid. Go out, try all of them out. This is NOT a product you can buy on the internet UNLESS you've felt it on your head. I LOVE my 1000, I love my 400, but they are the ONLY helmets that fit my head great. It wasn't a matter of brand, it was a matter of FIT. You can go out and buy a $800 helmet and be cool, but what's the point if the damn thing is screwing up the main task: controlling your bike.... Concentration, distraction is NOT optional. If your distracted by your helmet, that's a degree of distraction that being revoked from where your attn needs to be - the road!
    Last edited by GytRDunKat; 04-25-2008, 12:02 AM.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
      Everyone needs to understand, every helmet fits everyone different. Helmet reviews are great, but you can try on 400,000 helmets, and if they don't fit right, they are not for you. I tried ALL of them in my area, and found the Scorpion to fit my head best. What you need to worry about is if the helmet is going to bother you at speed. There is NO such thing as a helmet review if the darn thing don't fit your unique head right! Yes, I love my 1000, but it's only because it fit right. I was willing to spend (let me rephrase that, my wife was willing to let me spend) whatever it took to make me feel comfy. Many people get all the name brands because they are NAME brands, and that is completely stupid. Go out, try all of them out. This is NOT a product you can buy on the internet UNLESS you've felt it on your head. I LOVE my 1000, I love my 400, but they are the ONLY helmets that fit my head great. It wasn't a matter of brand, it was a matter of FIT. You can go out and buy a $800 helmet and be cool, but what's the point if the damn thing is screwing up the main task: controlling your bike.... Concentration, distraction is NOT optional. If your distracted by your helmet, that's a degree of distraction that being revoked from where your attn needs to be - the road!

Very true!!!! You need to try them on first.

The Scorpion helmets have been very popular with a lot of bikers that I know. They seem to fit really well with a lot of head shapes. The best thing about the EXO-1000 is that you can pump it up to get it nice and snug as you like, but it needs to fit your head first.

They do have some colored chrome shields for the Scorpions but I haven't seen one in person yet. I plan on ordering one of the Blue chrome shields for my helmet.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

I only have one complaint with my exo 400...the cheek pads aggrivate the hell outta me!!! Other than that, its very comfortable.
        sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
        RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
        I Miss You Pop
        2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
        BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
          They do have some colored chrome shields for the Scorpions but I haven't seen one in person yet. I plan on ordering one of the Blue chrome shields for my helmet.
          I have the chrome mirror shield. Just curious if one used the tint sield in the 100 if that would be too dark or not.....
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Tried the 1000 on at a local shop, feels VERY nice...but since it a new model, no deals anywhere, locally $400CDN. SBTG has last years colours of 700 on for $109-129USD.

Mine's on it's way!
            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

I love my exo 1000 as well, the only problem is I don't think they were ready for all the orders they got for it. it took three months to get mine and I've been waiting another three months for a mirrored shield for it. but it does fit well and I love the look. (I have the matte black one).

Comment

Scorpion Exo from 299.00 to 329.00 when buy it at competitionaccessories.com free shipping after 100.00 all the time also they have some other good stuff
                Tecnico28

Comment

Working...
                X