X

Scorpion EXO-1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion EXO-1000

I bought a Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet today and love it. This helmet is sharp looking and has a real nice aero look to it. It has built in, flip down sunshades and an air pump (like Nike Air) to pump air into the liner to custom fit the lid to your head. This is an amazing helmet and very, very comfortable.

I rode back on the interstate from Toledo and was very pleased at how quiet the helmet was at high speeds. This probably has a lot to do with the air pump and the nice snug, yet very comfortable fit.

The best part about the whole deal was that I belong to another local forum (in Ohio about 60 miles away) that has a discount id program with a local dealership. We get everything at a little over cost with the id. The helmet sells everywhere for $349.99 and I got it for $225.00. I saved $125.00 on the helmet price, that is so awesome.

This is the nicest helmet that I have ever worn. Go out and try one of these helmets, you will end up buying one.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Hey Zepp, what is that other forum? I live in Ohio and would like to talk to some guys close to me also.
    American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Great deal! I've been looking at those but no way can I afford $300+ for a helmet right now so I guess I'm stuck with my exo400 for now.
      sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
      RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
      I Miss You Pop
      2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
      BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Yup! Love mine! I feel like a fighter pilot with the sunshade down

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by fireman1724 View Post
          Hey Zepp, what is that other forum? I live in Ohio and would like to talk to some guys close to me also.

Toledo Motorcycle Forum. There are a great group of guys on the site.

Also, if you pay the one time $30 fee for a discount id you will get everything at a little over cost at Honda East. It is completely optional to get the id but it is highly encouraged to get one because of the awesome prices you will get on everything. I bought that helmet and saved $125 on that and two pairs of riding jeans that I saved $50 on. It is a great deal.

They have a lot of organized events too. Check them out.
          2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Zepp I just might have to do that.
            American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

So I take it Scorpion is a decent brand for the price??? I just purchased a EXO 400 for less than $130, so far I like it compared to my old HJC.

Comment

I have the EXO 1000 Apollo, I've had it for a few months now. Last weekend the inner shade lever broke internally causing the shades to fall down while riding (very annoying)! I tried to find the problem and cracked the plastic cover (left side) that the face sheild attaches to. My overall review: It is a great helmet, it's comfortable, and has usable features. I'll have to contact Scorpion to see if I can order the peice.
                sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by PADEROLIS View Post
                  I have the EXO 1000 Apollo, I've had it for a few months now. Last weekend the inner shade lever broke internally causing the shades to fall down while riding (very annoying)! I tried to find the problem and cracked the plastic cover (left side) that the face sheild attaches to. My overall review: It is a great helmet, it's comfortable, and has usable features. I'll have to contact Scorpion to see if I can order the peice.
                  I have heard Scorpion's customer service/support is great. Give them a call or email them.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

I've had my EXO-1000 since they first came out, and still love it over my other 4 helmets. No problems here, and the fit is exceptional. I agree with feeling like a fighter pilot with the shade down. Top Gun anyone??
                    Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

Originally posted by Madman View Post
                      Top Gun anyone??

On the highway to the danger zone!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

pics would have been nice...I have an Arai Profile now. No complaints on that one, but thinking of getting a new one. I also have an HJC CL-14....and can't stand it. Been meaning to sell that damn thing or trade it for a 12 pack of Heineken light.
                        Last edited by Sandman; 04-24-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I don't have the 1000, but I have a 700 and the wifey is going to pick up a 700 as well. Scorpion is by far the best helmet you can get for $200

Long Live the D

Comment

Should you put one of the mirrored shields on and lower the tint shield is it still ok to see? I travel in a lot of glare and even the mirror shields I have on my exo 400 sometimes are not enough.

Not to mention you can still see my face. I really do not like people to be able to see who I am when i am out there. I just always loved the bikers back in the day with the shields so dark you could not see them. Gave em more of a badass look to em I guess
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Love my Scorpion.(Exo-400) Cheap, quiet, and comfortable. Better than my Shoei.
                              ROD

Comment

Working...
                              X