X

New saddle bags - Nelson-Riggs Deluxe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    I thought they were supposed to be installed with the small end pointing forward...
    Nope. This way follows the contours of the bike..(per the instructions)
    2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

Those look nice. I wonder if I should invest in a set for the rally? If I make it that is.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I have the Nelson Rigg mini saddle bags along with the tail bag which all clip together, theres no issue with clearance with the smaller saddle bags. I wanted the bigger ones like you have but was worried about the clearance with my exhaust.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
          I have the Nelson Rigg mini saddle bags along with the tail bag which all clip together, theres no issue with clearance with the smaller saddle bags. I wanted the bigger ones like you have but was worried about the clearance with my exhaust.
          I have plenty of clearance now that I have them installed and tweaked. I will try to get some new pics up today..Sorry for the delay. I like these bags because you can add on the "clip-on" tail pack and with all the space, a weekend road trip should be a breeze!

Comment

Last year heading down to the rally I realized I brought way to much stuff. The saddle,tail and tank bags were full. This year I'll probably just bring the tail and tank bag. I think I brought enough stuff for a month long road trip. I guess it's live and learn.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

They are great bags. I have the Classic line installed on mine.

Steves, No, If you install them reverse, the large part of the bag will be sitting on the exhaust. They are designed to follow the "swept" exhaust of the sport bike.

Jasmail, Dunno if you saw my post here regarding the bags, that I installed, however one thing I found, you might want to check on your Kat. The rear spider web net hooks. On the 93 they were digging in thru the foam padding ment to protect the body. Heres a link to my thread, Just go to my last post. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78927
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                Jasmail, Dunno if you saw my post here regarding the bags, that I installed, however one thing I found, you might want to check on your Kat. The rear spider web net hooks. On the 93 they were digging in thru the foam padding ment to protect the body. Heres a link to my thread, Just go to my last post. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78927
                Yep.. Got it. Mine does not have any type of spider web hooks.

Here are some new PICS of the completed install.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, and they do carry a good amount of weight. Now you got places to store tools and stuff. Best purchase I made for the kat by far were the bags.
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Does the Yosh pipe come up higher than stock, would these work with the rs-3?
                    Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                    '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                    '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                    '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                    I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

I like the bags will have to look into a set for my bike...

Comment

Working...
                      X