No announcement yet.
X

Speedo and Tach mod?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So which of you big talkers is willing to pave the way? A bunch of blokes over on oldskoolsuzuki.info have done it with oil cooled gsxrs, bandit, etc. It is possible, you have to be brave enough to try it out.

Comment

If I can get a cheap cluster, I'd try it. Looks doable. Just need the cluster to work with.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
        If I can get a cheap cluster, I'd try it. Looks doable. Just need the cluster to work with.
        Make sure you also get the gauge harness...many of the newer electronic speedos have a seperate gauges harness that plugs into the main wiring harness. You just want to be sure you actually have SOMETHING to splice into.

Comment

I was just looking at that. Thanks for the reminder.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by gothicswampy
            same here need a set i would love to have that type of clock cuz all i have got on there is a push bike speedo
            Push bike!! Silly brits!

Originally posted by Waltari
            So which of you big talkers is willing to pave the way?
            Katana600guy got a cluster...
            We're all waiting for his results..

Comment

How would you even wire the tach and stuff up is my question. I understand the concept of having to run the sensor down to the sprocket and mounting the pick up to get signal but what about the tach and temp gauge? Im guessing its just a splice n match game.

I once took a 91-93 integra gauge cluster and rewired it to work in a 89 civic sedan and on my first try EVERYTHING worked......Reading through the diagram was a headache though.

Do you think its possible to do this with any gauge cluster? I was looking more specifically at the 03-06 ninja clusters. They have a digital tach (its just a lighted bar that goes from one color to red at redline) and then a digital speedo.
              Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

I think the farther away from the source you get the tougher intergration is.
                You were going from honda to honda. Going to a Kawi gauge may be too far removed from the suzi that you start getting issues..

Then again there is only one way to find out!

Comment

i have sum cheap 1's around so may go for it and the push bike speed is great it is bout 1 to 2 mph out but it work well just cant see it at night

Comment

I've still gotta pick up a Gixxer cluster
                    2000 Katana 600
                    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

right got the clocks off an srad 750 2000 model it is goin well the thing that i was not happy bout is the new gsxr clocks wont work cuz the newer model gsxrs r fuel injection and that goes into the back of the clocks and as u all know r bikes dont have it so they will not work

Comment

If someone can link me to or send me the wiring info, etc. I'd be willing to give it a shot. I searched the oldskool site and didn't come up with anything. I'm in the process of rebuilding the entire front end of my Kat so this would make for an interesting project.

Only thing I have to acquire is the GSXR gauges which I'm currently keeping an eye out for.
                        "When people look like ants, pull. When ants looks like people, pray!"
                        Suzuki Katana Templates, Manuals, Tutorials| Read This Before Buying or Trading| My Parts Wanted Thread for my '01 Katana 600

Comment

so.. hows the prodject guys ? pros, cons, it the juice worth the squeeze?
                          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

Anything on this? I would love to ditch my current guages and switch the the digitals as then i could get better indiglow ones.....
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                            X