X

2 separate issues white smoke on when riding and surging power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 separate issues white smoke on when riding and surging power

First i wanna thank arsenic for helping me rebuild my carbs. great response time and no bogging inthrottle.e. idles at 1150/1200 to a T. one issue when i took it out for a ride she stated blowing white smoke. but to help assess the situation prior to the carb rebuild and tunning ths a/f mixture to 2.25 turn for a perfect idle. i had problems with gas in the airbox and filling the engine ports so i assume is could need a thorough oil and filter change to resalve that issue any i deas othewise would help greatly.

Second issue when i turn the bike over the headlights flick ever so slightly. and when i give her throttle. It tends to flicker alot more so would that be the alternator ot also a stator issue. sorry i am a super nooboe to this. but i was born with logics and the need to do things myself so if i need to rebuild something knowledge only comes from experience. I so i would greatly appreciate any help offered in this matter. Thanks for helping in anyway possible
    ?The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.? -Albert Einstein

I've heard that any surging at all means bad charging system, but I've honestly never owned a bike that didn't have at least a little increase in brightness when you rev off idle.

Comment

Working...
    X