X
X

Carbs 102 The video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No videos, but it's similar enough that if you read the carbs 101 document you should be able to follow along.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Can not watch video on my iPad can I see it in another form? I need help with my carbs. Bike backfiring read that it could be due to lean fuel mixture. Have carbs torn apart but do not know what to do. Did clean them though they where filthy. Did bench sync as per you tube video. Like to watch video from this post but I can not. All I have is an iPad.

Comment

Open the links directly, or download the Vimeo app?
        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for this! very helpful to see kat specific carbs

Comment

im having trouble with my carbs now bike starts but twist the throttle all the way and it wont go over 1000rpm after about 45secs or so it opens up and idles normal any help is greatly needed

Comment

You have a vac leak, or they are still dirty.
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for the excellent videos, much appreciated!

But I'm having an issue with the floats, and I hope you or any knowledgeable person can help me solve it.

I was getting fuel in the air box and the engine oil also smelt of fuel, so I ordered 4 new carb repair kits "Tour Max", took out the carbs today and started replacing the float needles .. with the new needles installed I lost the " all the way down" position.

now, In your 3rd video "float height" at 20 secs you start to mention the three various positions of the floats, i.e. all the way down, all the way up and the flop position ... with the new float needles in place my floats rest in the flop position, applying a finger touch on each float will depress it easily to the all the way down position but it will pop right back up to the flop position once I release my finger.. as if the weight of the float body is not enough to depress the new float needle spring.

I've set the height of each float to 13mm, measuring from it's heighest point as the float top surface is concave in shape, but I have yet to reassemble the bowls.

Any advice on this issue please? Is it Ok to stay like that? or do the float needles just need to be primed with fuel first in order to give in?

Comment

If they aren't moving freely, then something isn't right. If you can't get them to the "flop" position you might have the tabs set wrong for the float height.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for replying,

They are moving freely without snagging, but they rest in the flop position .. the float body weight does not compress the float needle spring as if that new spring has a higher preload.

If I put the old float needle back then the float drops all the way down, with the new float needle the float just rests in the float position, but can be easily pushed down.

Comment

1993 Katana 750 need help.

Hi I have a 1993 katana 750 and I think I have some carb issues. The bike wants to stall all the time and bogs down at low rpm. Runs ok at higher rpms. IF the jet needles are worn would that cause this issue and if carbs need to be synced? Thanks

Comment

Probably dirty pilot circuit. Carbs 102 is for 98+ Kats. Go to the wiki (upper left) and read/follow carbs 101 for your model. (89-97)
                        Pilot circuit controls idle-3000rpm. If you have other Qs, best to start your own thread.

Welcome to KR.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hey Steves, is that the factoryPro tool you used for measuring float heights? Looks WAY easier than using calipers. Going to need to pick me up a set.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

The specific one I have is the one sold by Holeshot.

I bought it when I got a jet kit for my bandit years ago.
                              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Sweet dude, thanks!
                                1998 Katana 750
                                1992 Katana 1100
                                2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working...
                                X