X

2001 750F Not Starting!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 750F Not Starting!

I have a 750F year 2001 that was in storage for a while, I got it out today and it's not working. The clock is on, but goes off when the key is turned on. I checked the fuses they look in decent condition. Today I checked the main fuse, I switched it out with the spare and still no luck. I then removed the four pin connection between the spare fuse and the main fuse. I noticed that on both sides there appears to be corrosion. Also one of the pins on the relay unit is broken. I also realized at this time that I had forgotten to put water in my battery. I removed the battery and filled it with distilled water appropriately. This is as far as I got. Tomorrow I'll be charging the battery and attempting to start it again. Hopefully the battery is the issue, however can anyone offer any advice if it isn't and possibly some guidance on replacing the main fuse bracket and the top plug which is corroded. Thanks so much for all the help...ride safe!
    Last edited by jadednightdragon; 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM. Reason: title too vague.

Battery... its dead.. replace it. don't bother charging it.. it will meter 12vdc after you charge it.. but it's not going to have the amperage to star the engine. Fix the relay.. and all should be well.. also.. go to the wiki and grab the manual for your bike.

.. and welcome to KR
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by jadednightdragon View Post
      I have a 750F year 2001...The clock is on, but goes off when the key is turned on.
      Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
      Battery... its dead.. replace it. don't bother charging it
      I also have a 2001 750. The clock is wired directly on the 12v positive side of the fuse block, as opposed to the fused side with all other loads, i.e. lights, horn, etc. When the clock goes out when you are starting the bike, just as Jim stated, it is because of a dead battery. There is just enough power to operate the clock, but when needed to start the vehicle, the battery looses all power.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
      X