No announcement yet.
X

HID lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought the H4 HI/LO kit from DDM. The kit comes with a wiring harness. I haven't installed it yet, but it seems very easy. They also have instructions on their website. The only problem will be getting all the wiring to fit.

Comment

Please tell me you guys are doing all of this correctly with projectors...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Please tell me you guys are doing all of this correctly with projectors...
        Who needs projectors? Thats a whole lot more wore with very little benefit.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          Except for the fact that all the extra light you gain from an HID system is wasted and just scattered all over the road. Not to mention blinding other drivers with the horrible dazzle.

Remind me to never ride in front of you

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Except for the fact that all the extra light you gain from an HID system is wasted and just scattered all over the road. Not to mention blinding other drivers with the horrible dazzle.

Remind me to never ride in front of you
            Who gives a shat about other drivers?
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

The guy who's liable to get hit by a blinded cager...
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq_27PRwNXw"]Just helping Put Scottynoface's Argument.[/ame]
                My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  Without projectors.

With...

I have the RFS kit for my Jeep.. I just need to mod the housings.. I cant stand the HID kits that just throw a bunch of random light that blinds other.. It's great that you can get that much light.. but not safe for drivers in the oppsite direction.
                  Last edited by GSXFJim; 03-31-2011, 09:31 AM.
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

The '14 had Projector beam light housings from the factory. It was made for HID installation, even though it came with standard lights. Consequently, the bike had none of these issues when I installed my kit 4 years ago. -Still running well.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Looking at the ddm website.. They dont' really explain what the dual in/dual out adapter does. Anyone know?
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                        Looking at the ddm website.. They dont' really explain what the dual in/dual out adapter does. Anyone know?
                        Sounds like a bi-xenon install...

Comment

And keeping the questions to the same resource for future curious minds, any insight also about how the solenoid on bi-xenon projectors integrates?
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

If you have a projector with a solenoid then you go with a standard D1S or D2S bulb, not one with a piezo to move the bulb. The projector solenoid moves a shutter. At low beam (solenoid not energized) the shutter cuts off the light from the bottom half of the reflector. Energize the solenoid and it tilts the shutter forward, allowing light from the bottom of the reflector to project through the lens and giving you your high beam.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

spam?

Comment

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X