X

Newest pics of the mutant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest pics of the mutant

Well, the bodywork isn't completely done yet...still have a few small body panels to fab up and it's wearing yet another temporary coat of rattle can-applied paint but you get the idea.

This pic kinda sucks but you can kinda see the gauge panels that I fabbed out of ABS that go around the forks. They hold the speedo on the left panel and the fuel gauge on the right panel, the tach is still up top.

--2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

That thing looks evil, Nice work.

Comment

Man that thing looks hot!!!! Great lookimg work. How much time you have in it so far?
      Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
      Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

That looks totally wicked Can't wait to see pics when you're all finished.
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Very, Very nice!!!!

So what did you do to fab up the fairings to the body, and what headlight setup is that?

Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Dude, that is so hot!!!
            "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

wow is all i can say

could you post a close up of the gauges please ?

Comment

Looking great as usual!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That's awesome looking but too much work for me to get into
                  Life's a beach, high tide comes and goes.

Comment

that is awesome. just so much chain out there, maybe a cool hugger to keep from debris and what not and chain protection. other than that i cant imagine the heads that thing turns.

Comment

Originally posted by fordfurious
                      that is awesome. just so much chain out there, maybe a cool hugger to keep from debris and what not and chain protection. other than that i cant imagine the heads that thing turns.
                      or maybe fabricate a chain guard that attaches to the cut-off frame piece down by the swing arm? (Chain guards are required to pass inspection in my state. It's reason enough to have a sweet chain guard in my opinion, though I currently don't have a chain guard at all.)

Very nice bike. I'm going to rattle can my '93 750 to all black after dropping it. Are you at all concerned about visibility and if so, have you done anything about it?
                      former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

The word that comes to mind is "sharp".

Congratulations, well done!
                        "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Not bad for a cop

So when are you coming out riding?

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Originally posted by zukibud600
                            How much time you have in it so far?
                            It's tough to say, since (aside from the fact that I worked on it in spare time over nights and weekends) it's had at least three distinct phases...gixxer upper only, streetfighter with gixxer tail, and full body with tail. The tail only took a couple weeks, but the body was almost a month.

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            So what did you do to fab up the fairings to the body, and what headlight setup is that?
                            Basically, I fabbed a lower fairing stay that supports the wieght of the headlight and upper faring. I then bolted up the side farings and made mounts in the frame for them using threaded inserts and angle brackets. It took a lot of tweaking and positioning to get it to sit just right. The headlight is a 2004 gsxr 600 headlight that I cut up and mounted some 55w driving lights vertically in the housing.

Originally posted by Sixdays
                            could you post a close up of the gauges please ?
                            Will do 8)

Originally posted by fordfurious
                            ...maybe a cool hugger to keep from debris and what not and chain protection.
                            It's on the "to-do" list, but I have to decide what I'm going to do about a swingarm swap first.

Originally posted by RejectionNinja
                            I'm going to rattle can my '93 750 to all black after dropping it. Are you at all concerned about visibility and if so, have you done anything about it?
                            I've got all kinds of LEDs on it so at night it lights up like a christmas tree. During the day it kinda stands out too, like a big black sore thumb I also subscribe to the "loud pipes save lives" theory...that pipe is a D&D with a 4-2-1 setup.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Not bad for a cop

So when are you coming out riding?

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            I DO work for the Sheriff's Office, although I'm not a sworn deputy...I do all the lights, sirens, radios, radars, computers, and such in the cars. I get to play with all the toys without having to deal with all the BS

Now that I've got the "highway pegs" back on (ie. the frame sliders that stick out so far that I can hook my legs over them lol) I think I'm ready for some longer rides just let me know
                            --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                            --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Man that looks sharp. Are you gonna get some wider/lower pro tires on the rear?

Comment

Working...
                              X