X

Need info on a 13/47 sprocket setup on 94 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on a 13/47 sprocket setup on 94 Kat 600

Ok everyone, my project 94 Kat 600 is almost ready to go to paint. Just a few more items I would like to put on her. First off and please correct me if i am wrong. The STOCK sprocket size for a 94 kat 600 is I beleive a 14/45 setup. I want to go with a -1/+2 setup which would make it a 13/47 setup. Correct??? I have searched all over the net for sprockets and for some reason I just like the look of the vortex sprockets.
    My question: Is anyone using this setup on there 600? If so, how would rate it?

opssssss also, if I went with the 13/47 setup.how many links would the chain need to be?

Comment

Do not get a 13 tooth front sprocket!

To paraphrase from another post...

Originally posted by SoloScott
      Some other things about sprocket sizes...
      -Smaller sprockets rob more power than larger ones. Personally, I would go up a few teeth in the rear before going down on tooth count in the front.
      -Small sprockets wear faster than larger ones, another reason for staying with large sprockets when possible.
      I would suggest going up several teeth (even +5, if stock is 45) in the rear before going down to 13 in front.

I will beat Cyber Poet to the punch on this one (good tooth count info): CyberPoet's katana sprockets page (includes % changes for all the sprocket combo's, what to watch for, etc), at MotorcycleAnchor.com, fabricators of the world's best motorcycle ground anchors and purveyors of other fine motorcycle accessories... [/url]
      Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

ive got a 13/47 which is -2 in front for me and im going back to the 14 in front b/c i have to shift so much between 1-2-3 but dont get me wrong it pulls like crazy

but mines a modified 813 but i would go that low either b/c it did use my chain up fast. only about 3000 miles on it and needs replaced already
        The Katana's Big Brother
        1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

well I am looking for more of a low to mid-range improvement. Not to concerned with going all out on the top end. but also want to keep it practical enough to do a few hundred miles in a day. It's 0 - 100 that interests me most.
          Heres the complete setup that I am looking at doing.please give me your opinions on this, if it will work and so on.
          94 Kat 600, drop to a 13/47 in sprockets, ignition advancer, V & H SS2R full system and a stage 1 jet kit. Any suggestions???

Comment

Originally posted by Boatguy3371
            Any suggestions???
            All of your plans sound good except for that 13 tooth front sprocket. I'll assume you are right, that the stock numbers are 14/45. Going to 14/50 would be preferable to the 13/47 that you are thinking, and the slight ratio difference would be undetectable to the rider.
            Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

i have money so i say screw it ill chew up some chains givem e the smaller front lol

Comment

Comment

0-100 isi usually what i can do between lights with the setup i have now, but its not very good on the chain. But if that doesnt matter to you use that set up and you will have alot of lowend
                  The Katana's Big Brother
                  1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Working...
                  X