No announcement yet.
X

My project..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sometimes only on 2! Didn't get a chance to mess about with it on my days off, so it'll be pedal power this week. Hey it's healthy!
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

id go straight to the plugs and wires
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Mine started missing on a cylinder after a full throttle pull in 2nd gear. After winding it up in 2nd and slamming the throttle closed seemed to clean it out again. If you could only see the inside of my tank.. You'd slap me

Comment

No progress but got a lot of parts today. Got all new cables and some used chain adjusters in. Still waiting on my right side switches. I lucked out and found a post kat front and rear rims with tires, axles spacers rotors axles the whole works. The back tire is shot but the front is a brand new shinko 005 advance. Picked it all up from a salvage yard about an hour away. Big score! How wide of a tire can i run on the rear of a post kat?

Comment

Originally posted by moodylane View Post
            How wide of a tire can i run on the rear of a post kat?
            Oh no you didn't!
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Haha! Nevermind i will use the almighty wiki!

Found it on cyberpoet's site. 150! No more no less lol
              Last edited by moodylane; 11-05-2013, 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

check the date stamp on the tire an be sure to look it over real well for dry rot

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                  check the date stamp on the tire an be sure to look it over real well for dry rot
                  Good idea, will do. It was getting dark so i couldn't look it over real good. I dont like this time change. Dark at 5pm is rediculous..

Comment

Ok got the rims back to the house after looking in the light, its a pre kat front rim and a post rear rim. Oh well my current front rim is bent anyway. So the tire date is the 40th week of 08 and looks excellent! It still has the nipples all over. The story on the bike is it got parted out after 2nd gear bombed so evidently the PO bent the front rim and put a pre rim on it. No matter you wont be able to tell at speed anyway. So is this date code ok? The tire is still pliable.

Comment

You can run a 160 too

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                        Heres where i am so far. Got the sparkplugs change out.. The PO had cr7 ngks in it. Boy those things were cooked! They had misfire carbon tracks all over the ceramic. Got my rear caliper rebuilt and installed, new right switches and throttle cable installed and the carbs removed. I found out why it had been running so lean. Not only was the lower tube gone on the airbox, but the air filter had broken off its mount and was flopping around inside the airbox. So needless to say the carburetors are filthy. Also i went to swap my rims and found a funky feeling bearing or two on both axles so they will be replaced before the swap. My d/a sander is on the way then i can start on my 3 tone paint scheme. Can anybody else confirm that a 160/60/17 will fit the 4.5 inch rim?

I found some 10" double-baffled turndown shortys that would look pretty mean right here too..
                        Last edited by moodylane; 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ok still 2 questions: is a 40th week of '08 date code ok on a tire, and can a 160/60/17 be used on a post kat rear rim?

Comment

I believe tires use is 5 years. Id VERY thoroughly inspect it, both the tread and sidewall. Two things I don't buy used is tires and underwear! Cuz you never know what they've been thru or where! Last thing I want failing is my tires.

I dunno bout post rim tire size but a search should answer that for ya

Comment

Ok thanks for the input. The tire looks immacułate. Im not a knee dragger or even a very spirited rider, but i like to have fun on a deserted road occasionally. Got my carburetors clean an back on the bike after a full soak, gasket kit and 2 turns in the pilotshavent synched as of yet but wow its runs beauriful off of a honey bottle full of fuel.

Comment

your tank clean also?

Comment

Working...
                                X