X

My project..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My project..

Got my new LED mirrors, fuel cap and F1s exhaust on today.

Here the mirrors and cap:

And the exhaust:

Originally posted by moodylane View Post
    Got my new LED mirrors, fuel cap and F1s exhaust on today.

Here the mirrors and cap:

And the exhaust:
    Here's my mock-up for the body work. Right now i'm thinking red tank and seat, grey fairing, fender and rear panel, and a black under belly and black lower on the rear section:

The white part is just the decal backing. More to come!
    Last edited by moodylane; 10-30-2013, 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where'd you get the mirrors?

Comment

They're some el cheapo mirrors on ebay (9Sparts i believe). So far theyseem to do well. I did have to do some minor modding. Limited range of adjustment but fine in the stock location.

Edit: The company is in california, i'm in arkansas and they got here in 2 days!

Comment

Well no progress today. Someone broke into my shop and stole 2 sets of car rims and siphoned the gas out of my lawnmower. Im pretty livid right now.

Comment

the reflection in the passenger side mirror kinda bugged me out for a second

can we get different angles of the mirrors?

wheres the gas cap from?

what's the exhaust? Full exhaust system?
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Heres a few more shots of the mirrors.

Another..

The gas cap was ordered by the previous owner so im not sure where he got it but it came from china. I will be black chroming it

The exhaust i believe is a full set because the flanges are thicker, and required longer bolts.

After install..

I like how they angle up more.

Oh the exhaust is Cobra F1s and they are quite loud, but have a deep tone down low. Im really digging them. I ordered my factory pro jet kit today. It should be the end of november when they get here.. Sigh.
            Last edited by moodylane; 10-31-2013, 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

really just look like slip-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                really just look like slip-ons.
                I thought so too but the headpipes didn't resemble my old pipes at all.

Comment

After further examination the header appears to be off of an early kat, which has thicker flanges made out of aluminum with short cooling fins. Still no progress i've been laid up in bed with a slipped disk in my neck.. This sucks

Comment

hope you feel better soon, when you do id like to see what those cobra mufflers sound like

Comment

No problem! I have one video uploaded but the idle is hard to hear[ame="http://youtu.be/oe2Un7fmyT8"]http://youtu.be/oe2Un7fmyT8[/ame]

Comment

sounds pretty fuckin awesome! Its got a nice growl to it. I had a cobra slip-on on one of my quads an I always liked its tone. Havnt seen or heard one on a Kat til now

Comment

I love it man! It sounds even better while your riding it. Its in stereo inside your helmet

Comment

Sounds a lot better than mine! She's dong her Triumph impression again....
                            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Running on 3 Ronny?

Mine started this morning on 2. Lifted tank to check plugs and then wouldn't start at all

Couldn't fiddle with it any longer as I'd be late for work. Ended up having to get the GF to drive me to work, walked home, and still no start. She sparks but doesn't take.

No time to work on anything else, and weather is going to take a serious turn for the worse here soon, so got the car running instead

Comment

Working...
                              X